• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused of Agg. Assult/Battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scrappy1967

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My son and a so called friend were outside of a nightclub, neither had been drinking. Two boys outside the club were mocking my son's friend. My son's friend turned around and punched the two males, knocking one out and the other to the ground. My son was not involved in the fight, but did leave the scene with his friend that hit the kids. About a month later my son was arrested for Aggrivated Assault (felony). The detective that worked the case advised that one of the girlfriends of the victims picked my son out of a photo line-up. My son and his friend look alike and both were wearing hats. My son has spent a few thousand dollars so far in attorney’s fees. My son was offered a plea by a judge twice, but my son won't take it because he didn’t hit the two boys. My son is now scheduled to go to a jury trial. The boy that committed the crime has been arrested before for the same thing and has admitted to doing it to friends. As of just a couple days ago, my son's friend told my son that he was scared and has been waiting for the police to knock as his door at any time. The kid even told another friend of my son's, why can't my son just take the 6 moths, because "their going to give me two years". No authorities has talked to this kid since the incident occurred. My question is could I go directly to the prosecutor in reference to this case? And would they talk to or subpoena my son's friend? Does my son have a chance to get out of this mess? I wrote a certified letter to the prosecuter but havent heard anything and the trial is still going. I am an LEO in Florida and really feel helpless. This is no doubt an eye opener for me, I hope I never come to a point where I conduct a half a$$ investigation, I dread put someone through hell for no reason. Thanks in advance for your help.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">