• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely Arrested?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aquadolphin1968

What is the name of your state?Colorado
A Officer came to my house and told me he had a warrant for my arrest for bribing a witness and took me to jail. When we got there I overheard them saying the warrant was never active. Is this arrest legal?

Curt581

aquadolphin1968 said:
A Officer came to my house and told me he had a warrant for my arrest for bribing a witness and took me to jail. When we got there I overheard them saying the warrant was never active. Is this arrest legal?
If the officer had the actual signed, original warrant in hand when he arrested you, or he had direct personal knowledge that a warrant was issued, Yes, the arrest is legal.

A warrant is refered to being "active" as being entered into the state or national warrant database. The fact that a warrant had yet to be entered in the computer doesn't mean that it isn't legally valid. A warrant becomes valid the minute a Judge signs it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">