• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family member pulled over and harrased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fujebbush

Florida

My mother-in-law was pulled over this morning as she was leaving her house and asked if I was living at her residence because there was a purge warrant out for my arrest.

Is this legal???

I'm out of work 1 month and they are quick to put a warrant out for my arrest.

mycarlb

fujebbush said:
Florida

My mother-in-law was pulled over this morning as she was leaving her house and asked if I was living at her residence because there was a purge warrant out for my arrest.

Is this legal???

I'm out of work 1 month and they are quick to put a warrant out for my arrest.
You say "pulled over as she was leaving" this could mean simply that the police were coming to her home to see if you were there (perfectly legal) and she was beginning to leave so they stopped her... also perfectly legal... it isn't harrassment.

Why don't you just go down to the precinct and take care of your warrant instead of putting your family through any form of police contact???... it isn't your mother in law's responsibility it's yours!

fujebbush

She was a few blocks away...

They told her they pulled her over because they said "we can't read your temp tag." but then later told her that they actually pulled her over because they were looking for me.

In case most of you don't know Florida has some very stupid laws made by a stupid presidents brother.

Which would make more sense...put me in jail or let me work to pay off my debt? What do I tell my two boys that I do have custody of? "Daddy got fired because they hired too many people and now daddy has to go to jail." I didn't mind paying for my support but for gods sake...cut me a break to find a new job.

Florida would rather have you in jail...why? The debt is still there when you get out.

Like my screenname says...F U Jeb Bush.

Last edited:

mycarlb

So you are saying that you were terminated do to cut-backs, then you should be entitled to unemployment, I would think... unless you were with the company less than the minimum time alloted.

Did you contact support collections as soon as you were terminated so they would be aware? or did they just stop getting checks and issue a warrant... the details seem kind of sketchy.

My youngest son's father lost his job a year ago, and notified support collection that day, and I was out of support for 3 months until he got a new job... he also had to show proof he was actively searching though... you really should contact them... the longer you wait the worse it's gonna be

BelizeBreeze

mycarlb said:
So you are saying that you were terminated do to cut-backs, then you should be entitled to unemployment, I would think... unless you were with the company less than the minimum time alloted.

Did you contact support collections as soon as you were terminated so they would be aware? or did they just stop getting checks and issue a warrant... the details seem kind of sketchy.

My youngest son's father lost his job a year ago, and notified support collection that day, and I was out of support for 3 months until he got a new job... he also had to show proof he was actively searching though... you really should contact them... the longer you wait the worse it's gonna be
save your breath. Deadbeats always find another excuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">