• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family violence and past warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proudmum

i wanted to know more about retraining orders and i had to fill out info before anyone would asnwer my questions. they looked up the person in question and asked me to identify a picture of them. they have a warrant for a different crime. i asked them why they wanted me to identify them. they said they just wanted to put an image to the name. is that true or will that person be arrested?

PS i didnt turn in the application for the retraining order

quincy

i wanted to know more about retraining orders and i had to fill out info before anyone would asnwer my questions. they looked up the person in question and asked me to identify a picture of them. they have a warrant for a different crime. i asked them why they wanted me to identify them. they said they just wanted to put an image to the name. is that true or will that person be arrested?

PS i didnt turn in the application for the retraining order
What is the name of your state?

Do you mean "restraining" order instead of "retraining" order?

If you are looking to get a restraining order against a person, the person needs to be identified. Putting an image to a name helps.

Whether that person will be arrested is anyone's guess.

proudmum

i decided not to go along with the appllication. i filled out info for two applications to get asnwers.They only asked me to identify one of the person. is it because of their past record? who can i ask if the person would get arrested?

quincy

i decided not to go along with the appllication. i filled out info for two applications to get asnwers.They only asked me to identify one of the person. is it because of their past record? who can i ask if the person would get arrested?
What is the name of your state, proudmum? Are you in the US?

If there is a warrant out for the person's arrest, the person will be arrested when s/he is located.

quincy

they said they can't arrest him for a different crime. can i believe them?
If there is a warrant out for the man's arrest, the police can arrest the fellow.

If you were filing for a restraining order, the family court cannot arrest the guy for another crime. The police, however, can. Report the man and his location to the police.

quincy

by the way i didnt go to a police station. i went to family violence court
Okay. If you know where the man is, you can go to the police and report his location and, if there is a warrant out for his arrest, they will locate him and arrest him.

If you are looking for a restraining order against the man, you need to provide information that supports the issuance of a restraining order. Once issued and served on the man, if he violates the order, he can be arrested.

proudmum

like i said i changed my mind on the restraining order. i just wanted to know if family court has the power to report him to the police.

quincy

like i said i changed my mind on the restraining order. i just wanted to know if family court has the power to report him to the police.
Everyone has the power to make a report to the police.

Where are you going with all of this, proudmum? Do you want the guy arrested or not?

CdwJava

Anyone can report a wanted fugitive to the police. You can, the court can, your neighbor can, the little girl down the street can.

If you need protection from this man, get the restraining order. Do you have children together?

You should also consider some counseling. It might put your situation into perspective and open your eyes to the reality of domestic violence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">