• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fatherly visit gone bad, real bad.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joshuad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

from South Carolina and my father lives in Phoenix, Arizona. My girlfriend and I had decided to drive and visit him for a week. We went down to Mexico for one night, and had a great day. But the night wasnt as predictably sweet. We got into a confrontation early the next morning.. and decided to go back towards Phoenix. We get across the border and make it to Nogales. We are still arguing. To the point where she wants out of the car, on the interstate. She hadnt been on her medication for the last day and was slowly drowning in a sea of paranoia and anger. She threw her arms around in the car and caught my neck. When she stomps off towards the exit in the incoming lane. I turn around off the next exit, and proceed to pick her up. Of course, there is an officer driving right next to me and noticed me picking her up. Officer pulls me over. Talks to my girlfriend first. Another unit comes in with a not so nice officer. He threatens to throw me in jail if i lie, and asks me why im beating women.. Clearly this cop got the wrong memo. He finally discovers this when the first officer explains to him whats happened. My girlfriend is anemic and bruises very easily. They get her to sit in the passenger side of our car while im searched and asked whats going on. Alas, cop TRIES to search my car without notice. He finds nothing that he shouldve. Officers at this point, are trying to get me to sign something saying she assaulted me. I say no, and they again start to threaten me, saying "you'll be hearing from me soon." and "im gonna get ya." for apparently providing false information. Well, we didnt get that piece of mail in.. funny enough. While im told to sign papers, they try to take my girlfriend out of car. They have no reason behind taking her besides her having alcohol on her breath from the night before. They dont tell her why they are arresting her. She asks why, no answers. Officer calls 3 of his buddies over, to pull her out of the car. After shes out of the car, she willfully walks to the police cruiser and gets in. the man officer (or lack there of) felt it was neccesary to man handle girlfriend, and continues to threaten me with his false information charges bs. never signed any of their reports. she went to jail for a couple of hours, and judge let her out. what bothers me is the judge understood she had been without neccesary medications. but repeatedly telling an officer this makes no difference. they didnt even listen to what i was trying to convey. they just kept trying to get me to fill out bs paperwork.

just got summons for her to appear in court on charges of assault to me, and disorderly conduct to them. sooo confused. they spelled my name wrong too. lame.

any ideas on how to approach this..
best/worst case scenario?

new at getting in trouble.

Isis1

according to your testimony, she assaulted you. she should have been arrested. you should have gotten a restraining order.

it seems girlfriend may have been arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public. she was walking on an interstate. causing herself to be a harm to herself and others.

girlfriend needs an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">