• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FBI interview at my workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

batai37

What is the name of your state? Texas

Today the FBI showed up at my place of employment (a retailer), and interviewed myself and another employee concerning a phone call they claim someone made from our location to another rival retailer that the agent characterized as "threatening outsourcing" directed at the rival retailer. The investigation seems focused on employees who might have a grudge against the other retailer, possibly someone who used to work for them and now works for us.

First of all, does anyone know what the hell this guy is talking about? I'm familiar with the general (unfortunate) business practice known as outsourcing, but is anyone familiar with that term in a criminal context involving a threat made over the phone? I did a cursory federal code search at FindLaw, and didn't see anything pertinent.

Second, if they show up again for another interview, or to demand something like submission to a polygraph, how should I respond? I quite honestly have no idea what crime is supposed to have been committed here, and I certainly haven't been making calls to our rivals from my job...threatening or otherwise. I know a criminal attorney and plan to consult him, but it may be a few days before I can reach him.

Suggestions?
What is the name of your state?Texas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">