• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal employees, can they do this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike8623

Montana

Question: I recently had the local Deputy issue citations to Forest service employees for trespassing. Now I am told by someone that works there that in reprisal, the local forest service office has launched a full scale investigation of me as a subversive and anti government radical****************************..just because I exercised my rights and used the local law enforcement agency to uphold the law, can they now use all federal resources at their disposal to investigate my background and brand me as subversive. I thought that there had to be a very good reason to access information on an individual****************************

CdwJava

They can investigate whomever they please. There may be certain limits on that investigation that might require good cause, but they can look at most anyone they please. Now, taking ACTION might require a little more than just poking around.

- Carl

Mike8623

OK Carl, so they can investigate whomever they wish to:

Let me kinda put it another way, Say your daughter is getting married to a guy that is a jerk**************...what you are saying is that you can do a NCIC on this guy and check electronic and other records just to make sure he is ok (investigate whomever they wish to) and it would be alright**************...

That is what these folks are doing to me. All I did is call the deputy for enforcement and they retaliate by delving into my background and branding me SEBVERSIVE, WHY**************.just because their employees were violating the law**************.the deputy responded to a misd. in her presence and did the lawful thing**************Just does not make sense to me

Just Blue

Stop with the *********************

It makes your post very hard to read. Just use proper punctuation.

CdwJava

Let me kinda put it another way, Say your daughter is getting married to a guy that is a jerk**************...what you are saying is that you can do a NCIC on this guy and check electronic and other records just to make sure he is ok (investigate whomever they wish to) and it would be alright**************...
No, there are specific legal requirements for NCIC. Any records and databases that are restricted for OFFICIAL use only can only be checked if for official purposes. Checking who my daughter is dating would not be an official use ... researching your background on suspicion you might be involved in some sort of criminal activity is.

So long as the official records are searched for an articulable and lawful purpose, so be it.

Now, I am certainly free to look into the boy's past by accessing any public records site (fee or free), court records, ask the police for contacts, anything that any citizen can do.

That is what these folks are doing to me. All I did is call the deputy for enforcement and they retaliate by delving into my background and branding me SEBVERSIVE, WHY**************.just because their employees were violating the law**************.the deputy responded to a misd. in her presence and did the lawful thing**************Just does not make sense to me
If you have some proof that they have unlawfully utilized any criminal justice databases, contact the responsible state agency or the FBI. If they are just looking at you, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

You can complain to their agency, you can call the FBI, you can engage an attorney, there are a number of things you can do. But, if your only proof is someone saying they are looking at you as being a subversive, that could be nothing more than a couple of guys pondering whether you are some left nut job (or, in today's administration, a Conservative).

- Carl

smutlydog

Let me guess
Your dating the Deputy's daughter :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">