• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

momofmcc

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

My Dad is being held on a federal warrant. He was arrested in January and has not yet been charged. It has been 3 months now. How long can they hold him without charging him? I have heard that the feds do whatever they want. Isn't there a time limit? They have been bouncing him all over the place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

n_and

How long can they hold him without charging him?
I *think* as long as the investigation lasts. Someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

have heard that the feds do whatever they want.
I have heard that if I follow the rainbow there may be a little green man at the end. Don't be ridiculous. 'Feds' are not the bad guys here. Your dad is.

Isn't there a time limit?
Nope.

racer72

Depending on the potential charges, he can be held up to 2 years. With jails as full as they are, the feds must have a real good reason to want to hold him for as long as they have. I would guess they consider him a high flight risk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">