• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allinessa

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My boyfriend is being charged with 2 felonies, one for felonious assault, or as they call it malicious wounding, i dont know which it is, the magistrate told me that felonious assault was a lesser crime than malicious wounding...and the other is felony domestic assault. i will be putting this in both forums, but they kinda go together. My boyfriends dad passed away after dealing with lung cancer, four months ago. when his dad passed, he turned to drinking alot more to the point of blacking out and doin things he doesnt remember. Well, this night he was just being a jerk, and i called the cops thinking that he would snap out of it and calm down somewhere else. Well, after the cops left, he came back and kicked in my door and came after me, but he only pulled my hair. His cousin was here and pulled him off of me and was sitting on top of him. He kept telling his cousin to get off of him, and told him that he couldnt breathe, so he punched his cousin. His cousin went across the street to his uncles house and called the paramedics. He was taken to the hospital because they thought he had a broken nose, turns out he didnt. There is no damage, nose was back to normal the next day. The felony domestic assault is because he has 2 priors, one was a juvenile offense, 14 years ago, and one was just 5 years ago. He was never violent with me or abusive in anyway before this night. The offense from 5 years ago was because his g/f at the time and him were both at a bar, got into a disagreement, he was walking away from her, and she hit him about 7-8 times with a beer bottle, and he finally snapped back at her, only hit her once. (i personally think she deserved it). I didnt want him arrested, and after a few days of being in jail, he tried to hang himself. I want to work on getting him out, he has already told the judge he wanted help with the alcohol, and i was wondering if i could get him into a detox program, it is possible for the charges to be dismissed? The cousin doesnt want to press charges either. who do we talk to about getting these charges dismissed, it was a big misunderstanding. we are not married, but we do have a child in common. i didnt have any injuries, i did write up a statement, but at this point in time, i do not remember what was written. i know what happened that night, and when i wrote up the statement, i dont believe i signed it, and i was really shaken up from having them fighting, and never seeing my boyfriend act like that. I am not scared of him, and have been in front of the judge for a bond hearing, but because of the attempted suicide, obviously he was not given one. Thanks in advance, and sorry it was so long.

Just Blue

Please read the following link. After reading, please repost you questions.

Just cut and paste with out the ...Thank you, Bay

Or Not

My boyfriend is being charged with 2 felonies, one for felonious assault, or as they call it malicious wounding, i dont know which it is, the magistrate told me that felonious assault was a lesser crime than malicious wounding...and the other is felony domestic assault. i will be putting this in both forums, but they kinda go together. My boyfriends dad passed away after dealing with lung cancer, four months ago. when his dad passed, he turned to drinking alot more to the point of blacking out and doin things he doesnt remember. Well, this night he was just being a jerk, and i called the cops thinking that he would snap out of it and calm down somewhere else. Well, after the cops left, he came back and kicked in my door and came after me, but he only pulled my hair. His cousin was here and pulled him off of me and was sitting on top of him. He kept telling his cousin to get off of him, and told him that he couldnt breathe, so he punched his cousin. His cousin went across the street to his uncles house and called the paramedics. He was taken to the hospital because they thought he had a broken nose, turns out he didnt. There is no damage, nose was back to normal the next day. The felony domestic assault is because he has 2 priors, one was a juvenile offense, 14 years ago, and one was just 5 years ago. He was never violent with me or abusive in anyway before this night. The offense from 5 years ago was because his g/f at the time and him were both at a bar, got into a disagreement, he was walking away from her, and she hit him about 7-8 times with a beer bottle, and he finally snapped back at her, only hit her once. (i personally think she deserved it). I didnt want him arrested, and after a few days of being in jail, he tried to hang himself. I want to work on getting him out, he has already told the judge he wanted help with the alcohol, and i was wondering if i could get him into a detox program, it is possible for the charges to be dismissed? The cousin doesnt want to press charges either. who do we talk to about getting these charges dismissed, it was a big misunderstanding. we are not married, but we do have a child in common. i didnt have any injuries, i did write up a statement, but at this point in time, i do not remember what was written. i know what happened that night, and when i wrote up the statement, i dont believe i signed it, and i was really shaken up from having them fighting, and never seeing my boyfriend act like that. I am not scared of him, and have been in front of the judge for a bond hearing, but because of the attempted suicide, obviously he was not given one. Thanks in advance, and sorry it was so long.
Let me make sure I have this straight, because I don't think you're going to like what I have to say...

You called the cops on your boyfriend "because he was being a jerk". The cops left without doing anything.

Your boyfriend then broke down your door and attacked you, and in turn attacked a family member of his that was trying to protect you and hurt him so badly that the paramedics were called.

Because your boyfriend has a history of domestic violence, the DA decided to go after him on both felony counts. You don't remember what you wrote that night in your statement because you were so traumatized. Now that he's in jail, you want it to all go away because he's sad and you're not scared because after all, the other girl deserved it and you and his cousin don't want him in trouble.

Ok...

The "big misunderstanding" is this is no longer in your hands (thankfully). It's the District Attorneys Office that decides what happens now. Be glad it wasn't you or your child he punched in the face.

Shay-Pari'e

You are not scared of him? Don't call the cops next time, they have more important things to do.

OH! I forgot! You have a child together. Hopefully now that the state has taken over, your child might be safe from him, and you,(Who could care a less if she is hit).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">