• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Convictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyslappymac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

In Michigan, what are the future consequences for someone that has been convicted of a felony (specifically narcotics possession)? (as pertaining to everyday life, future convictions misdemeanor and felony etc) Thank you in advance for any information.

Last edited:

Antigone*

In Michigan, what are the future consequences for someone that has been convicted of a felony? (as pertaining to everyday life, future convictions misdemeanor and felony etc) Thank you in advance for any information.
Sorry OG has the crystal ball and she won't share.

ladyslappymac

Its my understanding that a convicted felon can not register or possess a firearm. I'm looking for other possible restrictions.

Isis1

In Michigan, what are the future consequences for someone that has been convicted of a felony? (as pertaining to everyday life, future convictions misdemeanor and felony etc) Thank you in advance for any information.
first thing comes to mind is a job. you will have to mark yes when ever asked of ever convicted of a felony. you may never be able to be a foster parent, an adoptive parent. i'm not sure, but it may be relevant to whether or not you can ever collect disability, or state assistance. voting comes to mind. certain privileges, such as owning a gun, maybe a passport? you'll never be processed as a first time criminal again with a chance to redeem yourself....

ladyslappymac

first thing comes to mind is a job. you will have to mark yes when ever asked of ever convicted of a felony. you may never be able to be a foster parent, an adoptive parent. i'm not sure, but it may be relevant to whether or not you can ever collect disability, or state assistance. voting comes to mind. certain privileges, such as owning a gun, maybe a passport? you'll never be processed as a first time criminal again with a chance to redeem yourself....
Thank you for the information.

Proserpina

Its my understanding that a convicted felon can not register or possess a firearm. I'm looking for other possible restrictions.

There isn't a simple answer to this. It depends hugely on the felon's probation and parole conditions - some (for example) may eventually own a firearm, some may not.

The question is far too vague, obviously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">