• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony/Misdemeanor Charges in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

*grace*

What is the name of your state? ID/PA

Recently, a person has become involved in the life of loved ones. He is bad, bad news.

I did my homework and have found that he has two active bench warrants in York County, PA, one for felony forgery charges, and another for misdemeanor theft by deception charges.

One more than one occasion, he has taken two minors (with whom he has no legal connection to) across state lines to buy cocaine, and then proceded to use while barreling down the highway, with two children in the back seat.

The father of the minors is aware of the situation, and has decided he will not press charges, as long as said 'bad man' continues going to drug counseling. Who is to say that he will quit using just because he is in counseling? The father has said he will press charges the minute he finds out that a counseling appointment was missed.

The 'bad man' already has it out for me. I am concerned that if I call the cops on him now, that he will not be extradited, will get out of jail, and then come after me. Would I be better off waiting for him to mess up so the father can press charges? Better yet, can I press charges as the minors are my brother and sister in law?

What is the best way handle this situation?

TIA for any advice you can offer.

seniorjudge

*grace* said:
What is the name of your state? ID/PA

Recently, a person has become involved in the life of loved ones. He is bad, bad news.

I did my homework and have found that he has two active bench warrants in York County, PA, one for felony forgery charges, and another for misdemeanor theft by deception charges.

One more than one occasion, he has taken two minors (with whom he has no legal connection to) across state lines to buy cocaine, and then proceded to use while barreling down the highway, with two children in the back seat.

The father of the minors is aware of the situation, and has decided he will not press charges, as long as said 'bad man' continues going to drug counseling. Who is to say that he will quit using just because he is in counseling? The father has said he will press charges the minute he finds out that a counseling appointment was missed.

The 'bad man' already has it out for me. I am concerned that if I call the cops on him now, that he will not be extradited, will get out of jail, and then come after me. Would I be better off waiting for him to mess up so the father can press charges? Better yet, can I press charges as the minors are my brother and sister in law?

What is the best way handle this situation?

TIA for any advice you can offer.

Q: Would I be better off waiting for him to mess up so the father can press charges?

A: Oh, absolutely, yes! I would definitely wait until he kills at least one child, maybe even two.

*grace*

I take it you are being facetious. ;) I'm trying to figure out what options I have. I want to ensure that when he goes away, he will go away for a long while. Also, can the mother of the minors get in trouble for harboring a known felon/aiding and abetting, etc? She will never leave him on her own (even if it means the death of her children) because she is seriously co-dependent.

This has gone on long enough, and something must be done. I just don't know what to do quite yet.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
*grace* said:
I take it you are being facetious. ;) I'm trying to figure out what options I have. I want to ensure that when he goes away, he will go away for a long while. Also, can the mother of the minors get in trouble for harboring a known felon/aiding and abetting, etc? She will never leave him on her own (even if it means the death of her children) because she is seriously co-dependent.

This has gone on long enough, and something must be done. I just don't know what to do quite yet.
Then turn him in. Because if you know where a KNOWN fugitive is and dont report it you are just as bad as mom. And Seniorjudge has a point. If you feel these kids are in danger and can prove this guy is using cocaine going down the road with kids in the backseat (how by the way can you prove it?) then morally you should report him let alone legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">