• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony theft please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiesexton76

What is the name of your state? Texas
Hi. I do not know what will happen to me. I was arrested in Jan.2003 for stealing something under 50.00 at a Wal-Mart. No big deal, unless you have my screwed up record. I already have two felonys(both state jail) and three misdemeanors they are all for theft but the first felony. So, they bumped the charges up to Felony theft. My girlfriend paid bail and I jumped and left to Florida. I am scared and do not know what will happen-I am back in Texas now and working. I feel like they will probably track me by my social. I am trying to research the laws etc., but still confused and I can not afford private counsel. Thanks.

outonbail

jessiesexton76 said:
Hi. I do not know what will happen to me. I was arrested in Jan.2003 for stealing something under 50.00 at a Wal-Mart. No big deal, unless you have my screwed up record. I already have two felonys(both state jail) and three misdemeanors they are all for theft but the first felony. So, they bumped the charges up to Felony theft. My girlfriend paid bail and I jumped and left to Florida. I am scared and do not know what will happen-I am back in Texas now and working. I feel like they will probably track me by my social. I am trying to research the laws etc., but still confused and I can not afford private counsel. Thanks.
So you promised your girlfriend the world so she'd post bail and get your sorry a$$ out of jail, then skipped out on her huh? But judging by your post, whatever she loses in the way of money and property isn't your concern. The only thing your whining over now, is the fact that you will eventually have to answer to the court for your habitual behavior. Well boo-freekin-hoo,,, you poor little man, what ever is it you hope to gain out of posting your self made troubles on this forum?

You didn't ask any legal questions, so I don't know if your looking for legal advise or a shoulder to cry, "poor me" on, but my guess is, it's the dry shoulder.
So, wipe away the tears for a minute, I think you should read what, at least my opinion of you is, as well as what I suggest you should do about it.

First, realize that I view you as a spineless little cry baby thief, who's selfish attitude is as repulsive as they come. You have a problem living amongst the rest of society, following rules, obeying laws and respecting the property and lives of everyone around you.
The courts have tried to correct your behavior and teach you that your habit of taking things that don't belong to you, whenever, wherever and from whoever you feel so inclined to victimize, is not acceptable, by sentencing you to state prison.

For some reason, in spite of the court's efforts to educate you as to where your illegal behavior will get you, you still haven't learned to keep your sticky hands off of property which doesn't belong to you.
Hence, like yourself, we all know where your again headed, only for a longer period of time I'm sure. Perhaps, during your next stay, you will finally understand the lesson you have so far, been unable to grasp. Although given your track record, I for one wouldn't bet on it.

Your hiding in Florida, Texas or wherever else you decide to run to, is simply a matter of postponing the inevitable, as the only thing which will keep you from eventually going to jail at this point, is your funeral.

So, what I suggest, even if it's for the first time in your life, is why not do the right thing and return to court to accept your punishment like a man. This way, the woman who was kind enough, or gullible enough, to bail you out of jail, doesn't end up becoming another victim of your selfish, illegal activities.

What else is there left for you to do at this point ?

ENASNI

You know, I was in Wal-mart this weekend. And my heart went a mile a minute. I have not stolen anything in my life. (well maybe a few hearts. :eek: ) but I swear to God I was afraid one of the "greeters" was going to chase me out of the store because of all of the posts here about the people who shop-lift from that dang store.

My goodness stealing something from Wal-mart is the lamest thing I can think of. I couldn't even think of anything ... and I tried. I really did.

Just surrender... if you must steal, try to do it at a classier place.

jessiesexton76

To outonbail and ENSANI

Outonbail, that was not legal advice. I really hope you are not actually an attorney because you are immature, bitter and judgemental. The following would be great reading material for you. You can pick up your own copy at any Barnes and Noble bookstore-under psychology. Look for the DSM. Hopefully you can find a good psychiatrist to work with you. Narcissistic Personality disorder is very hard to treat though. But good luck buddy!
Diagnostic Criteria
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
requires excessive admiration
has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

And to you ENSANI, what an ignorant post. You shopped at Wal-Mart and then said "steal something somewhere a little more classy" LMAO!!!! That makes sense. You were probably buying your clothes there.
People like you two give really intelligent and sage advice..."oh gosh, my life sucks so bad and I want to feel important so I'll pretend to be Craig Killborn or Gloria Alred...but with no qualifications to back it up".....and if either of you do have the qualifications....you both are burnt out or need to find a new career.

Happy Trails

jessiesexton76 said:
Outonbail, that was not legal advice. I really hope you are not actually an attorney because you are immature, bitter and judgemental. The following would be great reading material for you. You can pick up your own copy at any Barnes and Noble bookstore-under psychology. Look for the DSM. Hopefully you can find a good psychiatrist to work with you. Narcissistic Personality disorder is very hard to treat though. But good luck buddy!
Diagnostic Criteria
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
requires excessive admiration
has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

And to you ENSANI, what an ignorant post. You shopped at Wal-Mart and then said "steal something somewhere a little more classy" LMAO!!!! That makes sense. You were probably buying your clothes there.
People like you two give really intelligent and sage advice..."oh gosh, my life sucks so bad and I want to feel important so I'll pretend to be Craig Killborn or Gloria Alred...but with no qualifications to back it up".....and if either of you do have the qualifications....you both are burnt out or need to find a new career.
You didn't ask a legal question, just what is it you want to know?

Side note to ENASNI, he is using his g/f online name....

jessiesexton76 said:
K ...so what was first felony for?...May make a difference in advice. We need to know everything.

Why did you jump bail?

ENASNI

Happy Trails said:
You didn't ask a legal question, just what is it you want to know?

Okay then Jessie's Boy, you need to surrender.

ENASNI said:
Okay then Jessie's Boy, you need to surrender.
No, Jessie's GIRL...

Artist: Rick Springfield Lyrics
Song: Jessie's Girl Lyrics

Jessie is a friend,
Yeah, I know he's been
A good friend of mine
But lately something's changed
That ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl
And I want to make her mine
And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body,
I just know it
Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms late,
Late at night

You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl,
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that
I play along with the charade,
there doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know, I feel so dirty
When they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her,
But the point is probably moot
'Cos she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body,
I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

Like Jessie's girl,
Where can I find a woman,
Where can I find a woman like that
And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time,
Wondering what she don't see in me
I've been funny,
I've been cool with the lines
Ain't that the way
Love supposed to be
Tell me, where can I find a woman like that

[Solo]

You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl,
I want Jessie's girl,
Where can I find a woman like that, like
Jessie's girl,
I wish that I had Jessie's girl,
I want,
I want Jessie's girl

:) ;)

jessiesexton76

If any of you are actually attorneys

If any of you are actually criminal defense attorneys or prosecutors that know the law (s) in Texas, then I would respect and appreciate legal advice. And I did not leave my girlfriend-we have been together for 3.5 yrs. That note is to outonbail. Ensani or whatever your name is....explain to me the benefits of "turning myself in" and how are you qualified to advise that. Stickyfingers, my question is: will there more than likely be an enhancement due to my record and is a third strike in Texas susceptible to state jail or prison? Thanks stickyfingers. Oh-to answer your questions stickyfingers: I jumped bail because I was scared. I am not afraid to admit that. I am bi-polar and was manic when arrested and the stress of screwing up again made the manic stage even more pronounced. The first felony was a state jail felony for credit card abuse.

Last edited:
Your welcome...and that song just totally hit my mind when Happy Trails said that you are posting on your 'girl's' name.

And just to let you know...an attorney has answered you...Answer the question asked of you.

I personally think you will become someones 'girl'...just not Jessie's.

As far as your other concerns go...
I am bi-polar and was manic when arrested and the stress of screwing up again made the manic stage even more pronounced.
Maybe Rmet can chime in on whether or not your disorders will affect anything. Honestly, I doubt it.

Last edited:

jessiesexton76

Very professional dude!

StickyFingers said:
Your welcome...and that song just totally hit my mind when Happy Trails said that you are posting on your 'girl's' name.

And just to let you know...an attorney has answered you...Answer the question asked of you.

I personally think you will become someones 'girl'...just not Jessie's.
Are you the attorney? I highly doubt that, although everyone knows the substance abuse stats on attorneys, not to mention the lack of conscience in most NOT ALL. Hey Einstein, I did answer your questions. Look at my previous post.

jessiesexton76 said:
Are you the attorney? I highly doubt that, although everyone knows the substance abuse stats on attorneys, not to mention the lack of conscience in most NOT ALL. Hey Einstein, I did answer your questions. Look at my previous post.
Nope, Not the attorney...But the bottom line rests ..

1. You have been convicted of at least four(4) thefts in the past.
2. One of the thefts was a felony.

Other was CC abuse ..( fancy word for FRAUD!)...also a Felony

Nothing but theft on your record. And, yes, fraud/abuse is the same as theft. Just a fancier name.

You are still going to be a 'Buddie' to someone......Trust me, NOT WHO YOU CHOOSE!:D

Continue to show your ass....don't make no difference...you will be showing it to all your new found friends!

LIGHTS OUT!

jessiesexton76

Homoerotic tendencies ey?

"don't make no difference"....I can imagine you sitting around in your own filth, picking your banjo and waiting for Law and Order to come on! LMAO!!!!! okay REDNECK**************you sure do have a fixation on prison rape....OZ is still on Demand I think. By the way, I'm 6'4 and I have been "in" before so, I think unless you are also a criminal and have been "in" you don't have a clue as to what happens inside.

Happy Trails

Calm down.

While your charges are quite complex for an internet board, the best answer you will get is to consult with a criminal defense attorney in Texas. That lawyer will get a chance to review your record and the exact charges you are being charged with.

You don't state what degree of felony your charges were bumped up to, FTA isn't helping you any.

This link below, will aid you in your search as to what type of punishment you are looking at.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/pe.toc.htm

Again, the best thing you can do is to get your money together and consult with an attorney; who can advise you appropiately, as well as get you to surrender and get the ball rolling on how to get this all behind you.

Otherwise you will be running forever, never knowing when you are going to get caught. Wouldn't you rather surrender on your terms than be caught unexpectantly. (The latter could happen anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">