• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hkinzey51

I am currently living in GA for a year and a half. I have been told that there is a felony arrest warrant for me out of San Francisco, CA (where I previously lived). I am a recovering addict and I assume that the warrant is for Identity theft, forgery and/or counterfeiting.
What are my options?
I have talked to attorneys in San Francisco and they all want at least $5,000 to take the case. I don't have it and I don't think I can raise that much in the near future.
What will happen if I turn myself in? I'm tired of looking over my shoulder everytime I go outside.
Thanks for your time.
HK

CdwJava

Unless CA has entered the warrant into NCIC and expressed an interest in extraditing you from across the country, you may not be able to turn yourself in while in GA. However, the warrant will remain, and it will prevent access to many jobs and government benefits (including loans, SSI, and general assistance) until it is served or withdrawn.

Don't count on it being withdrawn unless you can negotiate a surrender to CA authorities.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">