• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony warrant and flying back into the US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Contemplate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Porter County, Indiana

I was camping with some friends at the Indiana Dunes in the summer of 2003 and was caught with a gram of cocaine. I was taken into the station but never handcuffed or put into a cell. They took a copy of my ID and said I would be contacted by the court. I was never contacted. I lived in Chicago at the time and later that year I moved back to NY where I lived and worked until September of 2008. In that month I came to Medical School in St. Kitts (caribbean). I have found out that I have a felony warrant for my arrest in Indiana. I will be flying back to the states when I am done with school in a few months.
How would I be able to resolve this from abroad without getting arrested when I fly back to NY? I understand that when I land I will be arrested by customs. Thank you for your help.

P.s. That was my first and last run-in with the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">