• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Warrants?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FreedomWarrior

No one can tell you that.

It sounds like you're too important to the rain forests to leave. I would just stay there and avoid the whole issue.
You have my thanks for the time.... really I am just concerned with the limitations of the computer system... the basic question is - how can i know for certain that immigration officials in USA have information on my name or warrants in a database which could be located with my passport.... This is about it....

if there are any cops reading this i would appreciate it if you could run my name for me..... send me a PM.

sandyclaus

"Sacraments" Indeed... (Is that what they're calling it these days?)

You have my thanks for the time.... really I am just concerned with the limitations of the computer system... the basic question is - how can i know for certain that immigration officials in USA have information on my name or warrants in a database which could be located with my passport.... This is about it....

if there are any cops reading this i would appreciate it if you could run my name for me..... send me a PM.
There are a couple of them here, but I seriously doubt that they are going to help you by giving you a "heads-up" about being on a list to be arrested upon entering our wonderful country again. First, because it is frowned upon for them to use their resources to assist a felon who decided to flee the country to escape prosecution; and second, because as law enforcement officers, they would rather you be caught than allow you to continue on your merry way and thumb your nose at the laws of our country.

I'm with HM on this. As someone who doesn't respect our laws doesn't belong here. Stay where you are and your problem will be solved. Or come back and face the music.

FreedomWarrior

There are a couple of them here, but I seriously doubt that they are going to help you by giving you a "heads-up" about being on a list to be arrested upon entering our wonderful country again. First, because it is frowned upon for them to use their resources to assist a felon who decided to flee the country to escape prosecution; and second, because as law enforcement officers, they would rather you be caught than allow you to continue on your merry way and thumb your nose at the laws of our country.

I'm with HM on this. As someone who doesn't respect our laws doesn't belong here. Stay where you are and your problem will be solved. Or come back and face the music.
When I am in the USA I help cure cancer patients and teach people herbal medicines and spiritual practices.... the entire land in the USA was forcefully taken from the native americans in brutality and blood-shed.... I am honoring the native traditions of the americas...., I spend most of my time doing volunteer work for organizations which assist people, and I am an initiated shaman in native american traditions.... if you understand me... I am being persecuted.

The other issue is I didn't flee, I attended prearranged meetings after being released on conditions of a misdameanor... I didn't even find out about the felony until I was already overseas..., I don't know what they expected me to do, spend a thousand dollars I didn't have on a plane ticket for court...

... (and the concept of sacraments existed before the implementation of "controlled substances" or "illegal narcotics")... plant medicines have been used in ceremonies for thousands of years by nearly every culture it is only the USA and industrial nations which have attempted to stamp out indiginous cultures which have made these sacraments illegal.... even the religion of christianity comes from Christ who was practicing Yogic techniques because he traveled in India.... and yogic practices sometimes include the use of marijuana as a ceremonial meditation aid... research "sadhus" and you will understand...

In India they actually give their holy-men legal papers allowing the to carry marijuana as a sacrament.... as it is believed by many that holy men are above the law.... in the mean time everyone in the USA is taking narcotics supplied by the pharmacuiticle industries legally perscribed by doctors while third world nations are raped and exploited for corporate benefits and imperial elitism....

I've had guns held to my head by police for being an activist.... I'm in my early twenties this country is insane.

Last edited:

justalayman

I was released on conditions of a misdameanor after being detained for over a month without a lawyer, in violation of my civil rights
what civil rights would those be?

. it is not a joke to me that I had a month of my time wasted
so, you call this wasting your time:

spent the entire time in jail meditating and practicing yoga and sacred chanting
then maybe you should have done something different that would not have wasted your time

You should have gained great spiritual benefits due to your activities while incarcerated. Heck, you might want to consider paying them for relieving you from your daily obligations which allowed you to pray for an entire month straight.

religious sacraments which I attained semi-legally.
Is that like scaring somebody half to death?

I was arrested in Texas for religious sacraments.
the slapped two third degree felony charges on, after changing the quantity of the medicine on the report.

Ok, which is it? Is the pot a sacrament or is it medicine?

I have an international non-profit which works for rainforest preservation
then an HighwayMan stated, you really need to stay there. There is nothing you can do from here to save the trees.

.this is the third time I have been arrested for political activism and standing up for human rights and freedom.
make up your frickin mind. Were you arrested for possession of pot that you are arguing is a sacrament for your religion or were you arrested for pot which you were somehow attempting to make into some political statement? They are not the same thing and arguing the second defeats your first argument.

I am an activist it would be an injustice for me to even consider stepping foot in a court of law..
actually, that is where an activist should be but if you can't step foot in a court of law, just how did you obtain your release?

Actually, I think you should have resisted the police when they arrested you. That is something you might consider fighting to your death over. I mean, if you are as serious and sincere as you claim to be, don't you think being a martyr would benefit your cause much more than you setting down in South America?

I need to know for absolute certain that I can enter the country again without being arrested.
well, there is likely a warrant for your arrest so the answer would be: no, you cannot enter without fear of being arrested. I guess that means you have to stay down south for the remainder of your life. Oh well.

look at it this way; when the Olympics come to Brazil, you'll already be down in SA. I would start moving towards Rio so you can get some good tickets.

The same plant I was arrested with can be purchased legally at the market here in several countries....., some of the police even take it here because it is part of the indigenous culture.....
It sounds like you found a place you can call: home.

CavemanLawyer

[edit: I typed this prior to your last reply being posted.]

Hard to decide where to begin with this one. Though it really isn't even relevant to your question, you are basically pleading a cultural defense.... arguing that it is legal in your country and you were raised to believe there is nothing wrong with it, therefore you lack the intent to commit the crime you are charged with. The cultural defense has been raised and shot down repeatedly in regards to the controlled substances acts of the United States and of the states. Many jurisdictions have carved out exceptions for recognized UNITED STATES cultures to possess certain drugs for religious perposes such as for Native Americans as an example. But you can hardly seriously expect a country to allow a foreigner to possess something in the US that a native citizen is prohibited from possessing. See we're pretty big on equal protection in the US so its somewhat offensive to insinuate that a non-citizen or even an illegal alien should be entitled to more rights than a lawful citizen. If a Texan came to your country I'm sure your government officials would expect that Texan to follow your rules too. Its only fair.

As for the felony warrant issued in Texas... all warrants are entered into TCIC/NCIC which are the state and federal databases for criminal histories. A warrant can be entered as issuing state only (only Texas will see it), issuing and surrounding states, and all states. For a felony where you are suspected of fleeing the country (it seems you basically told them that) I would be very surprised if they did not enter the warrant for all states. If still active yes I'd expect it to appear if you come into any contact with any police officers or border agents.

I can assure you that no one is going to run a TCIC/NCIC record for you to answer your question. That would actually be a criminal offense to do so. There are private companies that catalogue TCIC/NCIC records of convictions and they can do a search for you for a fee. Afterall, that is just public record. But these databases do not list active warrants.

The only definitive way to get your question answered is to convince the warrant division in this county to tell you, or to roll the dice and see what happens when you try to return here.

Beyond that the only alternative would be to see if you made the local top 10 list or just the wanted fugitive list for your county. Such lists are commonly reported online or by local newspapers.

Last edited:

I'mTheFather

[edit: I typed this prior to your last reply being posted.]

Hard to decide where to begin with this one. Though it really isn't even relevant to your question, you are basically pleading a cultural defense.... arguing that it is legal in your country and you were raised to believe there is nothing wrong with it, therefore you lack the intent to commit the crime you are charged with. The cultural defense has been raised and shot down repeatedly in regards to the controlled substances acts of the United States and of the states. Many jurisdictions have carved out exceptions for recognized UNITED STATES cultures to possess certain drugs for religious perposes such as for Native Americans as an example. But you can hardly seriously expect a country to allow a foreigner to possess something in the US that a native citizen is prohibited from possessing. See we're pretty big on equal protection in the US so its somewhat offensive to insinuate that a non-citizen or even an illegal alien should be entitled to more rights than a lawful citizen. If a Texan came to your country I'm sure your government officials would expect that Texan to follow your rules too. Its only fair.

As for the felony warrant issued in Texas... all warrants are entered into TCIC/NCIC which are the state and federal databases for criminal histories. A warrant can be entered as issuing state only (only Texas will see it), issuing and surrounding states, and all states. For a felony where you are suspected of fleeing the country (it seems you basically told them that) I would be very surprised if they did not enter the warrant for all states. If still active yes I'd expect it to appear if you come into any contact with any police officers or border agents.

I can assure you that no one is going to run a TCIC/NCIC record for you to answer your question. That would actually be a criminal offense to do so. There are private companies that catalogue TCIC/NCIC records of convictions and they can do a search for you for a fee. Afterall, that is just public record. But these databases do not list active warrants.

The only definitive way to get your question answered is to convince the warrant division in this county to tell you, or to roll the dice and see what happens when you try to return here.

Beyond that the only alternative would be to see if you made the local top 10 list or just the wanted fugitive list for your county. Such lists are commonly reported online or by local newspapers.

I applaud your dedication to your craft.

FreedomWarrior

I am grateful for the information

If anyone knows if there are other countries where I could be detained for felony warrants in USA let me know... Can police in other immigration offices at other countries access those databases? I have to cross boarders in central america later this year for work... I was concerned about costa rica specifically because it uses US currency, and perhaps their government is connected to USA?

It costs money to deport me, so it seems unlikely...

Last edited:

I'mTheFather

When I am in the USA I help cure cancer patients and teach people herbal medicines and spiritual practices.... the entire land in the USA was forcefully taken from the native americans in brutality and blood-shed.... I am honoring the native traditions of the americas...., I spend most of my time doing volunteer work for organizations which assist people, and I am an initiated shaman in native american traditions.... if you understand me... I am being persecuted.

The other issue is I didn't flee, I attended prearranged meetings after being released on conditions of a misdameanor... I didn't even find out about the felony until I was already overseas..., I don't know what they expected me to do, spend a thousand dollars I didn't have on a plane ticket for court...

... (and the concept of sacraments existed before the implementation of "controlled substances" or "illegal narcotics")... plant medicines have been used in ceremonies for thousands of years by nearly every culture it is only the USA and industrial nations which have attempted to stamp out indiginous cultures which have made these sacraments illegal.... even the religion of christianity comes from Christ who was practicing Yogic techniques because he traveled in India.... and yogic practices sometimes include the use of marijuana as a ceremonial meditation aid... research "sadhus" and you will understand...

In India they actually give their holy-men legal papers allowing the to carry marijuana as a sacrament.... as it is believed by many that holy men are above the law.... in the mean time everyone in the USA is taking narcotics supplied by the pharmacuiticle industries legally perscribed by doctors while third world nations are raped and exploited for corporate benefits and imperial elitism....

I've had guns held to my head by police for being an activist.... I'm in my early twenties this country is insane.
This is the most fantastic story I've read in a while.

You need to see the documentary "Square Grouper" available on Netflix. It will give you an idea as to how well you "religious sacrament" arguments are going to fare in the courts here. This has been tried before and failed.

If you have a felony warrant outstanding and a criminal background check is run on you; you will be taken into custody. You can minimize your chances of staying in custody by picking a port of entry as far away from the state that has the felony warrant as possible. But there are no guarantees. If they decide they want you and you come here, they will have you.

CavemanLawyer

If anyone knows if there are other countries where I could be detained for felony warrants in USA let me know... Can police in other immigration offices at other countries access those databases? I have to cross boarders in central america later this year for work... I was concerned about costa rica specifically because it uses US currency, and perhaps their government is connected to USA?
The answer would generally be no. A warrant issued by a US state is only valid within the united states. It has nothing to do with currency or political affiliations. If it is not a state or territory of the US then the warrant is meaningless. I am sure there are select entities in other countries that can access the NCIC database, possibly directly, but probably by going through some US agency. But even if the other country saw the existence of the warrant they would have no legal authority to detain you on it if you are not on US soil.

There is a special kind of warrant called a Provisional Arrest Warrant (PAW) that can be applied for through Washington which would allow you to be detained in a foreign country and then extradited back to the US. It is a very complicated procedure and not something that would used in your case with a couple of drug charges. Then again you are apparently some sort of important political target it seems so who knows :)

Last edited:

FreedomWarrior

The answer would generally be no. A warrant issued by a US state is only valid within the united states. It has nothing to do with currency or political affiliations. If it is not a state or territory of the US then the warrant is meaningless. I am sure there are select entities in other countries that can access the NCIC database, possibly directly, but probably by going through some US agency. But even if the other country saw the existence of the warrant they would have no legal authority to detain you on it if you are not on US soil.

There is a special kind of warrant called a Provisional Arrest Warrant (PAW) that can be applied for through Washington which would allow you to be detained in a foreign country and then extradited back to the US. It is a very complicated procedure and not something that would used in your case with a couple of drug charges. Then again you are apparently some sort of important political target it seems so who knows :)
I love you man, thanks for the info.... I was hesitant to cross some of the more official boarders and was finding entry points with minimal security because I wasn't certain....

In case anyone cares, you can walk across half the boarders in south america if you know what you are doing without being checked out at all.... only some of the official ones have tightened security which are on major highways... backroutes normally just have a couple guys at a check point who don't really care about regulations and sometimes even lack computer systems.... a few countries will even let you in without stamps with minimal concern... boarders in heavy cocaine traffic territory have more corrupt officials who might mess with you a little...

I am happy to know I can still visit Europe later or something if that is correct!

Thank you for your time...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">