• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A few questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlrl

What is the name of your state? NY. I have a violation(non-criminal offense) conviction that is 10 years old. The record was "partially sealed" via NY CPL statute 160.55 which seals the fingerprints, police records and DA records. However the court record is still open due to conviction.

Do I as a former defendant have the right to request a copy of my DA records which are sealed? I would like to see them only because I like to have copies of all my records( I have my sealed rap sheet, court file) and what they say in the event of an investigation or background check. In other words, for no other reason i want whoever is investigating me to see exactly what I see.

Also, in the future if i want to work for say the federal govt, if my NY DCJS(fingerprints) record is sealed can the federal govt get access to my sealed arrest record(I know they can get into my court records but that is public information open to anyone)? Can the federal govt get access to my sealed DA records?

outonbail

rlrl said:
Can the federal govt get access to my sealed DA records?
I would say it's safe to assume the Federal government can get access to anything between the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans,,,, even if you go the long way around the globe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">