• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Few Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

When i was stopped the officer asked me for my info and the 4 others in my car. Then a second cop pulled up, and asked me to step out of the car. I was handcuffed, searched, and placed in the back of a police vehicle with no probable cause to do so (there was 4 cops on scene at the time) . I was the only one to be detained, there was still 4 people in my car. After about 30 minutes of being questioned, another person in my car under the age of 18 was told to follow the officer back to the station whilst I was still in the car. This 17 year old is NOT covered on my insurance and I gave no consent for him to drive the car. He also has a class G license which in the state of Arizona doesn't allow him to drive my car with 4 people in it that are not family. I was also not read my rights if that means anything in this case. By the time I went to the station i was then given 2 tickets. This is my first time offence on anything until now my record was spotless. Basically I want to know if i have a case of my own in court and if there is anyway i can get these charges dropped against me. 1 is a traffic violation and 1 is a misdemeanor.

If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer. Thank you for your time.
So, exactly what are you charged with?

Oh by the way, you didn't have to bold that sentence, it makes no legal difference one way or ther other.

tranquility

I've got to agree with Zigner, it depends. What were you arrested for? Why were you pulled over? What did they find when you were pulled over?

While Miranda is going to be implicated, what did you say you want excluded?

Antigone*

I've got to agree with Zigner, it depends. What were you arrested for? Why were you pulled over? What did they find when you were pulled over?

:eek::eek::eek: Have I had a few to many funsuckers... I dont' see that Zigner posted in this thread yet.:eek:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

<blink blink> Um - thanks <blink blink>

:p

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It is the time of Halloween and costumes -- Antigone was masquerading as Zigner. Yep, that is it. :p

tranquility

Um...derp. Those funsuckers are way more powerful than I recalled last time I had a few.

Apparently, I DON'T have to agree with zigner. Phew!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">