• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiance arrested when found out bench warrant was on him

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adviceseeker23

Pennsylvania. My fiance was arrested when the cop ran his name and found he had a bench warrant for his arrrest! He had known he had this (since 2007) Just never took care of it. Anyways it was for failure to show up to probation, then failure to show up to revocation court(because he didnt show up to probation sign ins) He owed around 8000 roughly to probation, we did end up paying 4000 when he was arrested now he owes rougly 3700 to them. He goes to court January 11th, has been in county jail awaiting his trial, he has a good paying job, which he has not lost, and we have agreed to sign over our income tax returns to the county probation once we receive them (we are low income so it will cover everything he owes I have talked to the lady that does my taxes shes sure ill get what I got last year which was 4500) He has not gotten into any "criminal" trouble since then. The probation is prosecuting time served of thirty days and 1-2 years probation following. My question is how serious of a deal is this? and should I obtain a lawyer? He does have a public defender!

FlyingRon

Your fiance is stupid. Not being able to pay the costs is one thing, but absconding from supervision and failing to appear on the violations is very bad. If they are extending supervision and only locking him up for "time served", he sounds lucky.

adviceseeker23

yes he was very stupid at the time i met him a bit before this and he was a terrible person his life has since changed drastically since ive came into his life and his daughther but i didnt ask for what he was. and probation just wants money more than anything since he hasnt got in trouble (which b4 he would have been) plus he moved in with me and we never got the mail for court and they know they got it back were a small town and they never came searching (his dad works within the facility well actually the jail but still they come in contact at court) we even sold the deputy warden a dog he came right to our house!

CdwJava

Now he has the opportunity to clear it all up for good. He can pay his fines or do his time, and be done with it all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">