• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing false reports?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needanswers1

What is the name of your state? NY

Need advice ona charge of filing false reports of child abuse with the local municipal agency. I am a small business owner who employs a large number of teenagers over the summer. This past summer I became aware of three somewhat suspicious situations regarding three of my employees. The first was a girl who, after her shift was done, was still staying at her employment site, sometimes for hours on end with no ride and often no food. Her mother even took it as far as to apporach the residents of her place of employment to watch her after her shift was over. The second involved a 16 year old who who never had a ride to work and was never given lunch for the day, the mother was basically using our company as a babysitting service. The third involved a 16 year old boy whose mother seemed to have a serious rage problem. This was witnessed first hand by one of my staff members when she exploded on one of my other employees. When i first called the city agency I did not want to file any reports, I simply wanted to ask questions to determine if there was anything of substance to these incidents. The agency's representatives were very agressive and kept trying to get more and more detailed information from me. They then took this information, used it to file a report, all three reports came back negative after and investigation. Since all three reports came back negative the DA's office has decided to pursue me for filing false reports. Does this make any sense considering when I first called the city i had no intention of even filing a report?

Kane

No, it doesn't make any sense.

Are you sure you haven't left something out?

If all you did was report factual observations, you committed no crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">