• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final court desicion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guaro555

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hi gurus

I have a question, I had a dwi charged on me, I was found guilty and I recieved a two years probation and I had to take satop and vip classess. I finalized the classes way before the deadline, no where on my papers from court said that result had to be sent to the court of probation officer but I guess I negleted to do so in some way of form.

I was found guilty even though I did everything I suppost too because lady officer did not get the paper work. I just found this out because I needed a police report, so it has been this way for a long time. I need to go back to court and change this contemp of court final desicion.

Is this possible?

Thanks for all your help

What is the name of your state? MO

BL

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hi gurus

I have a question, I had a dwi charged on me, I was found guilty and I recieved a two years probation and I had to take satop and vip classess. I finalized the classes way before the deadline, no where on my papers from court said that result had to be sent to the court of probation officer but I guess I negleted to do so in some way of form.

I was found guilty even though I did everything I suppost too because lady officer did not get the paper work. I just found this out because I needed a police report, so it has been this way for a long time. I need to go back to court and change this contemp of court final desicion.

Is this possible?

Thanks for all your help

What is the name of your state? MO
How could you be found in contempt if you provided proof you adhered to your stipulations ?

I mean you should have been offered an opportunity to prove it .

BTW , while on probation why didn't you ask how the procedures worked , if you did not know.

guaro555

Thanks blonde

My question exactly, the probation officer claims that I did not send the paperwork to show that I finalized my cource within the court's deadline, but all my paperwork shows I did way before that deadline

I did use organization authorized by them and appointed by them, I assumed they had a kind of control about this, who get done what and when but tis was not the case, I did what they ask me to do and within the period time.

Can I do something to change the municipal court final desicion.

I need to change this from guilty to not guilty.

Thanks again

BL

Thanks blonde

My question exactly, the probation officer claims that I did not send the paperwork to show that I finalized my cource within the court's deadline, but all my paperwork shows I did way before that deadline

I did use organization authorized by them and appointed by them, I assumed they had a kind of control about this, who get done what and when but tis was not the case, I did what they ask me to do and within the period time.

Can I do something to change the municipal court final desicion.

I need to change this from guilty to not guilty.

Thanks again
Were you found guilty of probation violation , yes or no ?

If yes to the first question , were you represented by an Attorney ?

If yes to the first question , what was the outcome ?

BL

1) NO
2) NO
3) guilty
Quite honestly , this post makes no sense .

If you were found guilty of contempt , there should have been a hearing before the ruling , at which time you could have provided your proof to the contrary .

guaro555

Blonde

Thanks for the battling, that is the reason why I am asking if a municipal court desicion can be changed and corrected to show the right plea.-

thanks

outonbail

Blonde

Thanks for the battling, that is the reason why I am asking if a municipal court desicion can be changed and corrected to show the right plea.-

thanks
OK, I'll give this a shot. It appears that you have two different issues you are dealing with and sort of scrambling them together in your post.

You began by stating the following:
I had a dwi charged on me, I was found guilty and I recieved a two years probation and I had to take satop and vip classess.
So for the DWI, you were found guilty. So you are not going to be changing this plea to not guilty.

However, even though you did take and complete the required classes, within the alloted time, the court was not informed of this so you were then found to be in contempt of court, for not completing the court ordered classes.
So it is the contempt charge which should not appear on your record correct?
Was or is there a warrant out for your arrest, for failure to complete these court ordered classes?

What I would suggest, is that you get all the paperwork together, which proves that you did in fact comply with the orders of the court, bring them to the court house where your case was heard and speak with the court clerk about the situation and see what he/she recommends you do, in order to get he issue straightened out.
It is probably a good idea to bring a copy of everything you have, to leave with the clerk. This may be something the clerk can have arranged by speaking with the judge, without you having to appear before the judge to explain the situation. But if you do have to appear, just bring everything you have and present it to the judge and he/she can order the correction be made to the case file so the contempt charge does not appear on your criminal record.

Realize, this is not going to show you are not guilty of the DWI, only that you did abide by the court ordered class requirements, which are ordered as a standard procedure to anyone who has been found guilty of DWI, in order to educate them about the dangers of drinking and driving so they don't do it again.

guaro555

Outonbail

Right on the nail.- thanks a bunch, I will start my process right away, I just did not know what to do in this case, were I think a mistake was amde.

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">