• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Fantasy XI account compromised.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jennifer_P

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello, I belong to an Online Video Game Community, called Final Fantasy XI. I have had my account (monthly subscription of $12.95) with them for 4 years. On December 5th, around 2:53 AM, my account was hacked/compromised while I was currently logged in. My password, credit card information and billing address had been changed. I can no longer access my personal information. So I called Square Enix (their company) and they told me that because the credit card number and billing address is different to my own, they cannot verify I am the rightful owned to this account, unless I obtain a subpeona to have this information released to me.

What are the steps I should take to obtain one?

FlyingRon

It's unlikely the information will get released to you PERIOD.
Perhaps if their is a criminal investigation it's posible.
It's not probably going to do you any good. Anybody who's hacking accounts like this would be stupid to use his real identity, the credit card is probably stolen as well.

Pandora999

Don't lose hope on this one

As you know whoever stole your account, stole it to use. The Credit Card Information they use for this HAS to be valid. And indeed when you can see your character still active and running around you know they can be tracked. Go to the this website and add your name to the growing list. People are taking action, the more people that respond the quicker the "fix" will be. Only the company concerned has those credit card numbers, and they will not take action because it is an account that is in good standing. If all the hacked accounts were with stolen CC's rest assured they would soon enough give up this policy. Action has already been taken by some members legally, with some success but you would be out of pocket, I suggest unless you are prepared for the costs involved to try this first.

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27042

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">