• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finding someone's records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sadness05

Hi All,

Can you guys tell me if it is possible to get someone's records on line? Including if that person has been on probation or not...

Some people say that I can't, only cops are allowed to do that, yet others say that I can. For example, there is this girl that I work with, she said that she got her boyfriend's records from one website and that it listed why he was on probation. Is that possible?

Thanks

Neal1421

Sadness05 said:
Hi All,

Can you guys tell me if it is possible to get someone's records on line? Including if that person has been on probation or not...

Some people say that I can't, only cops are allowed to do that, yet others say that I can. For example, there is this girl that I work with, she said that she got her boyfriend's records from one website and that it listed why he was on probation. Is that possible?

Thanks

Some states have their criminal records online. It just depends on the state.

Heather2

Sadness05 said:
Hi All,

Thanks
I hope you're not asking this so you can get info on that chick you keep talking about.

Sadness05

Thanks Neal1421

I think I've found the website that I need.

http://www.criminalbackgroundrecords.com

It does not have the state that I live in, but it has the county. I live in MA

Heather2,

Actually I'm. I want to find out what she has done that I don't know about. (not that I should know).

I'm not the only one that tries to get someone's records online. ;)

CdwJava

That site is for "background checks" ... that does NOT mean that they have access to criminal history records at all. Most states - like California - do not allow that information to be released to the public at all.

It might have some COURT records, but not necessarily state criminal offender records.

- Carl

Heather2

Sadness05 said:
Thanks Neal1421

I think I've found the website that I need.

http://www.criminalbackgroundrecords.com

It does not have the state that I live in, but it has the county. I live in MA

Heather2,

Actually I'm. I want to find out what she has done that I don't know about. (not that I should know).

I'm not the only one that tries to get someone's records online. ;)
You really should stop thinking about her. Why do you care so much what her record is. You already know she has a record and has been stalking you so you need to stay away from her.

Sadness05

CdwJava said:
That site is for "background checks" ... that does NOT mean that they have access to criminal history records at all. Most states - like California - do not allow that information to be released to the public at all.

It might have some COURT records, but not necessarily state criminal offender records.

- Carl
CdwJava,

That is what it says on the website.

"MA statewide criminal record search is conducted at the county level by a network of trained court researchers. The researchers search for any misdemeanors and felony records."

I will see what they will give me. I have to wait 3-5 days.

Heather2

CdwJava said:

- Carl
What's the difference between a background check and criminal history records? I thought when you did a background check you were getting their criminal history.

Sadness05

Heather2 said:
You really should stop thinking about her. Why do you care so much what her record is. You already know she has a record and has been stalking you so you need to stay away from her.
I know and I really have moved on, but when I saw her last week, all the memories and emotions came back.

Neal1421

Sadness05 said:
I know and I really have moved on, but when I saw her last week, all the memories and emotions came back.
Apparently you haven't since all "the memories and emotions came back."
You need help.
I am starting to regret that I gave you the little bit of information that I did after reading your posts.

Sadness05

Neal1421 said:
Apparently you haven't since all "the memories and emotions came back."
You need help.
I am starting to regret that I gave you the little bit of information that I did after reading your posts.
No need to regret. I would've gotten this information one way or the other.

Trust me, I was doing fine after all of what happened last May. I've moved on and tried to keep her in the past. However, when I saw her last week, all the memories came back. It will probably take a week or so, then I will be fine once again. (that is the help that I need)

CdwJava

Heather2 said:
What's the difference between a background check and criminal history records? I thought when you did a background check you were getting their criminal history.
Nope.

A background can be almost anything, but it can - and usually does - include much more than simply checking a criminal history. I do backgrounds for police officers, and these include credit checks, interviews, polygraphs, public records requests, and a host of other things as necessary. Only ONE of the things I do is request a copy of the person's criminal history.

The companies that do it for a fee search public databases and court records for information that may or may not be for the person in question. This information can be obtained by anyone anyway, but it is more convenient to collect it from one of these warehouse organizations.

- Carl

Heather2

I just re-read your first thread and it looks like you were the one stalking her. Stay away from her unless you want to get another RO.

Sadness05

Heather2 said:
I just re-read your first thread and it looks like you were the one stalking her. Stay away from her unless you want to get another RO.
No, I was not stalking her. This is what happened.

After she stole the money from our co-worker, she quit and started working in a store in the mall. She and I were very close at one time. Anyway, I went to the store where she works to see how she is doing (we were friends at that time). When I got there, she said she does not want to talk to me, I tried to findout why. She started screaming, etc..then I went after her (of course she didn't listen) The next day I called her and told her that I will not bother her anymore since that's what she wants. However, the previous night, she went to the police station and filed a complaint. Was I wrong to go after her to find out why she changed? I don't know, maybe.

Heather2

CdwJava said:
Nope.

A background can be almost anything, but it can - and usually does - include much more than simply checking a criminal history. I do backgrounds for police officers, and these include credit checks, interviews, polygraphs, public records requests, and a host of other things as necessary. Only ONE of the things I do is request a copy of the person's criminal history.

The companies that do it for a fee search public databases and court records for information that may or may not be for the person in question. This information can be obtained by anyone anyway, but it is more convenient to collect it from one of these warehouse organizations.

- Carl
Does a criminal background check say if someone is on probation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">