• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flying Between Ohio and California With Misdemeanor Warrent in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Popwar

If I have a misdemeanor warrant in Pennsylvania for a DUI/not finishing paying court costs and comunity service, can I still fly between Ohio and California with no problems?

I know if I used Pennsylvania's airport TSA would see it. Or if I had a felony then any state could see it.

But what about this situation?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Why are you playing games with traveling around the country when you have an outstanding warrant that will eventually lead to your arrest?

quincy

If I have a misdemeanor warrant in Pennsylvania for a DUI/not finishing paying court costs and comunity service, can I still fly between Ohio and California with no problems?

I know if I used Pennsylvania's airport TSA would see it. Or if I had a felony then any state could see it.

But what about this situation?
Following is a link to a FreeAdvice staff-written article on "Air Travel on an Outstanding Warrant," which advises that the best thing for you to do is to take care of the warrant prior to travel - which I am sure you already know.

http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/arrests_and_searches/Air-Travel-on-Outstanding-Warrant.htm

FlyingRon

The TSA is not beholden to any particular state. In fact, it is well before you show up at the security checkpoint that your identity is checked against various lists.
If you think that driving over to Columbus is going to dodge a correlation between your PA warrant and your airline ticket, you're mistaken.

quincy

Law enforcement in any state can see if you have ANY type of warrant. It works for misdemeanors too.
I guess on the plus side for Popwar, s/he asked about traveling with an outstanding warrant before traveling with an outstanding warrant.

With luck, Popwar will stay in Pennsylvania to take care of the warrant and finish paying the (now-inflated) court costs and community service hours ... this if his probation has not already been revoked due to the warrant issued for his failure to complete the requirements as ordered. He might find his original sentence is imposed.

Popwar would be smart to consult with a Pennsylvania lawyer before turning himself in.

quincy

Why are you giving me your opinion? Never asked for it.
Please be nice to the forum volunteers, Popwar.

When you post to this forum, you are opening your questions up to all who wish to respond. You might get responses you do not like. It is best to ignore them. You should take from the responses what you find helpful and leave the rest.

Thank you.

quincy

There is no opinion there. I asked a question.
Popwar appears to be trying to find a way around his warrant by ignoring the fact that he has one. He is going to have a very difficult time doing this. I see some time in jail in his future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">