+ Reply to Thread
    beck357 is offline Junior Member

Cool Flying with a Felony Warrant

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Does anyone know if someone has a felony warrant in the state of CO, can they fly to AZ?
    The Occultist is offline Senior Member
    Try it. I would love to see you get arrested trying to board the plane.
    fairisfair is offline Senior Member
    yes, especially during the extradition process.
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    He can fly anywhere he wants till his arms get tired. Flying on an airplane would not be a good idea, all passengers are screened prior to flights.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.
    outonbail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beck357 View Post
    What is the name of your state? Colorado

Does anyone know if someone has a felony warrant in the state of CO, can they fly to AZ?
    This question has been asked several times and most members seem to believe that it will result in you're arrest. However, I don't agree. While the potential is definitely there, I have known of two separate individuals, who have flown recently without having any problem even though they each have a felony warrant out for their arrest.

When you purchase you're ticket either through a travel agency, on line or at the counter, I haven't heard any airlines ask for a social security number, DOB or drivers license number. Now when you go to pick up the ticket at the counter you must show a drivers license or valid state issued identification card. However, seeing how many people have the same last names and can even be close in age, I don't believe the airlines are digging that deep into each passengers history or criminal record before letting them board an airplane.
    Now if you're name happens to be the same as one which is "red flagged", then you can count on them digging deeper, but I don't believe that they have the manpower to do such an in depth check on every passenger flying within the country.
    Now if you were flying out of the country and returning again, then I would think that you would undergo a more extensive background check.

So I believe that as long as you are not drawing attention to yourself in some way, that chances are you won't have any problem.
    Of course this can also depend on what the felony warrant is for. If it involves explosives, kidnapping or terrorist threats, you have more of a chance of being red flagged than someone who has a felony violation of probation warrant out for something like commercial burglary.

Of course by not doing whatever it is you need to do, to take care of the warrant situation
    is only postponing the inevitable. You have to live every day with that thought in the back of you're mind, "Will today be the day I get picked up?" That alone has got to be enough to drive you insane. So it is always best to take care of these things.

But you can always roll the dice and hope you're luck doesn't run out at the airport in another state. Then the extradition process just adds to the whole nightmare you have to live with every day.