• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to Set Someone Up :URGENT:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onlineguy

I'm in Missouri.

I was just out looking at some new apartments and decided to go check out the park nearby, as I have a dog. Anyway, just before we left (2 of us in car), a cop blocks us in. We go through the show me your ID stuff and he says that warrants had come back on our car, but not in our names.

We gave consent to search the car. Nothing was found. We had no warrants.

I was told to sit back in the car while they questioned my buddy more. They came back to the car and asked for the cellphone. I guess they went through every number in the log and found one that is a supposed drug dealer.

He was then told we would be arrested if we did not help them set this other guy up! I guess since the phone had been used to call him in the past all three of us could be arrested for conspiracy charges.

They are calling us back at 8pm tonight (in an hour) to have us call the guy to buy drugs so they can pop him.

I'm fearing for my freedom and life. What if this guys finds out we set him up and comes to the house or sends someone?

Is it legal to be forced to set someone up? Is this conspiracy?

Any advice?

scot4538

They cannot force you to participate, but if you refuse they can reinstate whatever charges they got on you. Obviously you were there to buy drugs from him ... charges you can dispute. The drug dealer will do few weeks in jail then pop you once he is out.

Drug world is bad.

smutlydog

onlineguy said:
I'm in Missouri.

I was just out looking at some new apartments and decided to go check out the park nearby, as I have a dog. Anyway, just before we left (2 of us in car), a cop blocks us in. We go through the show me your ID stuff and he says that warrants had come back on our car, but not in our names.

We gave consent to search the car. Nothing was found. We had no warrants.

I was told to sit back in the car while they questioned my buddy more. They came back to the car and asked for the cellphone. I guess they went through every number in the log and found one that is a supposed drug dealer.

He was then told we would be arrested if we did not help them set this other guy up! I guess since the phone had been used to call him in the past all three of us could be arrested for conspiracy charges.

They are calling us back at 8pm tonight (in an hour) to have us call the guy to buy drugs so they can pop him.

I'm fearing for my freedom and life. What if this guys finds out we set him up and comes to the house or sends someone?

Is it legal to be forced to set someone up? Is this conspiracy?

Any advice?
conspiracy is something the DEA use to bust major dealers and it involves alot more than finding a drug dealers number on a cell phone.

Just don't answer your phone and the problem will go away.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">