• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery - three counts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TakenForGranted

What is the name of your state? NY

My two ex's have gotten together after taken advantage of me for years. To get right to the point, my most recent ex and his mother, whom I recenlty evicted and turned into welfare fraud, have told my ex-husband that I forged daycare receipts that are a year old. I did sign mty ex's mother's name, but only because I was at work and the county told me to get the receipts in the mail. I did have her permission and I did pay her out of this money. She told the police I didn't pay her and had no permission - flat out lies. They are just mad because I finally stood up for myself after 10 months of both of them living in my house and not paying a penny. The judge in family court finaly kicked my ex out because of domestic issues (he is on the deed, not the mortgage). My first ex (married to him) will do anything to get even with me for leaving his abusive relationship - therefore, he is trying to get me arrested on three counts of forgery. When I told the investigator what happened he didn't arrest me but will let me know what is going to happen. He told me if I didn't talk to him and tell him what happened that he would throw me in jail that night and I had my daughter with me so I had no choice but to tell him what happened, though I had nothing to hide. I tried to get a few local attorneys to call me and advise me what I should do in the meantime, but no one has gotten back to me as of yet. Any suggestions?????? I am scared to death that the police will show up on my doorstep when I have my children and end up calling social services to take care of them until I get out of jail. :-(

outonbail

What is the name of your state? NY

My two ex's have gotten together after taken advantage of me for years. To get right to the point, my most recent ex and his mother, whom I recenlty evicted and turned into welfare fraud, have told my ex-husband that I forged daycare receipts that are a year old. I did sign mty ex's mother's name, but only because I was at work and the county told me to get the receipts in the mail. I did have her permission and I did pay her out of this money. She told the police I didn't pay her and had no permission - flat out lies.
What the hell are you talking about? Who's child was in daycare? Why was the county involved in this daycare fiasco anyway? Why would these receipts require your ex mother in laws signature and if they did why didn't you just have her sign them, then mail them?
They are just mad because I finally stood up for myself after 10 months of both of them living in my house and not paying a penny. The judge in family court finaly kicked my ex out because of domestic issues (he is on the deed, not the mortgage). My first ex (married to him) will do anything to get even with me for leaving his abusive relationship - therefore, he is trying to get me arrested on three counts of forgery.
Again, your post is jumping around from ex to mother in law to first ex to God knows who else. Please calm down and repost your questions in a clear legible format without all the commentary.
When I told the investigator what happened he didn't arrest me but will let me know what is going to happen. He told me if I didn't talk to him and tell him what happened that he would throw me in jail that night and I had my daughter with me so I had no choice but to tell him what happened, though I had nothing to hide. I tried to get a few local attorneys to call me and advise me what I should do in the meantime, but no one has gotten back to me as of yet. Any suggestions?????? I am scared to death that the police will show up on my doorstep when I have my children and end up calling social services to take care of them until I get out of jail. :-(
Please edit your post, it makes no sense. It will also help if you leave out all the drama as stating things like who's on the deed vs. who's on the mortgage doesn't have anything to do with you're forgery of daycare receipts and it only adds to the confusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">