• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent charges are ruining my nephews life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KJoseph

(Oregon)

My nephew was arrested yesterday and held for hours because a lady with an extensive criminal history filed fraudulent theft charges on him. He was charged with 164.057 FEL:AGGRAVATED / THEFT 1ST DEG-AGGRAV. He is an upstanding interior designer who did some work for this lady. A year or so later she starts black mailing my sister to give her $100,000 or she will have him arrested. (He can't find the receipts.) They have an attorney but I fear that my 23 year old nephew will be sent to prison because of this lady. Other than being a bad driver he has never been in any trouble in his life. What, if anything, can we do to protect him and if we prove his innocence will this arrest remain on his record? Don't they look into things like this to see that she has been arrested for everything from theft to blackmail to carrying a concealed weapon (gun)? Any advice would help. If he goes to prison he will not come home. His emotional state is fragile and he would die in there. I am scared to death for him and my heart is aching.

Thank you,
KJoseph

KJoseph

She has all the information and she has a private investigator involved as well. But she had all this information a month ago and he still got arrested, interrogated for hours, processed into the system and treated like a criminal until she called them and told them they were not allowed to talk to him any more. What are the chances the charges will be dropped? And will this remain on his record even if it is dropped?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">