• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend has warrant for arrest (not showing up for a DUI court date)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harrym

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was wondering what would happen if i was riding in my friends truck and he gets pulled over and arrested for not appearing in court for a dui conviction. Obviously he will go to jail but will i be left stranded and his truck to be impounded? Or will the police allow me to take his truck home?

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was wondering what would happen if i was riding in my friends truck and he gets pulled over and arrested for not appearing in court for a dui conviction. Obviously he will go to jail but will i be left stranded and his truck to be impounded? Or will the police allow me to take his truck home?
If you are sober and have a valid license, AND your friend is the registered owner of the car and agrees, the police MAY allow you to drive it home ... or, they might leave it parked, or they might have it towed. No one can say with any certainty what the police WILL do. Perhaps you need to consider not driving with a fugitive for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">