• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend missed court date and.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isc

What is the name of your state? atlanta ga ...... sheriffs came to my friend house last week and picked him up on a bench warrent. They said he missed court and that for that he couldnt get bail. Im trying to get his name on the calander quickly so he dont have to serve the 7 to 14 days they claim it might take for his case to come up (i heard in the jail he in that people has sit as long as 3 months waiting for his case) I have already gone down to the court house and tried talking to the case manager to get his name on the books but she claimed she couldnt do anything but someone told me that i can get a lawyer to speed up the process. My thing is my friend dont have any money for a lawyer and only has me on the outside to help and i wanted to know what paper work do i need to put in ??????? i mean i figure i can do the same thing a lawyer can do w/o paying a $1500-2500 retainer fee.

pojo2

>>i mean i figure i can do the same thing a lawyer can do w/o paying a $1500-2500 retainer fee.<<

I NEVER pick on spelling and punctuation because I am the worlds worst but can you REALLY do the same thing an Atty can do when the above sentence has 3 I's that are not capitalized?

Kane

How do you know that getting a quick court date is the only thing that needs to be done in his case?

isc

well since this is his first offense we figure he is gonna get probation and a fine because we know someone else that went thru the same thing..... so........can anyone help me with this situation please. I really need to get the wheels in motion!!!! is there a template for the sheets i need to turn in or anything like that

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">