• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FTA 2 days ago warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gagirl43

What is the name of your state?GA - Fulton county

I have an FTA from Wednesday, called court they said come in but will probably be a bench warrant. I was out of town, I am headed in 1st thing Monday morning, will they arrest me? The traffic tickets say bench warrant will be issued on the back. Could I get a new court date instead? Gotta work Monday!

gagirl43

the tickets are for driving on suspended license and hit n run. I want a new date to bring in the officer to contest the hit n run, the other driver was at fault we exchanged info and I drove away, I had my boyfriend drive me back to the scene so the car wouldn't get towed for susp. license. Just hoping for new court date on Monday.

JETX

At the very least.... you will have to post a bond in the full amount PLUS the costs of a warrant. So, you better take LOTS of money to court with you.

seniorjudge

gagirl43 said:
What is the name of your state?GA - Fulton county

I have an FTA from Wednesday, called court they said come in but will probably be a bench warrant. I was out of town, I am headed in 1st thing Monday morning, will they arrest me? The traffic tickets say bench warrant will be issued on the back. Could I get a new court date instead? Gotta work Monday!
Q: I am headed in 1st thing Monday morning, will they arrest me?

A: Probably; you have already shown that you do not intend to co-operate.

gagirl43

ack! I am getting mixed answers, the Public Defender Clerk and Court Clerk said I would get a new court date, this thing has been postponed 3 times already, will the fact that I've come back in town for all those appearances be of any good? 1st my attorney continued it, then he didn't show for the 2nd, then the public defender was assigned to me and asked for another continuance! I work on the road and mt tour manager is getting fed up with me. If I can show proof that we were broken down about 3 hours away and I couldn't make it back, do you still think they'll haul me in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">