• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Furnishing Alcohol to a minor in Vermont

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CollegeStudent8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont
I was charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor at the University of Vermont. We were trying to bring it into the dorms, and an undercover officer came by and saw it. He said I was being very cooperative, and so he said he was still technically arresting me, but I didn't go in handcuffs or anything, but they did take my picture and fingerprints at the station. I'm wondering if anyone knows the "usual" sentence for something like that at UVM. Am I going to get jailtime for this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dave33

How did he know who was getting the booze if it was going into the dorms? Please don't tell me you confessed any admitted furnishing alcohol to a minor. If not plead not guilty and try to avoid all fines. Being cooperative and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee. When dealing with police use common sense and worry about protecting your rights and try not to be so gullible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">