• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

furnishing alcohol to minors in michigan...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slug9mm

about a week ago the cops came and went into our apartment and gave people mips for a party we were having, me and my roomate own the apartment im 21 hes 18, the cops didnt talk to me or anything they just took my id and the other day I got a notice to show up in court for furnishing alcohol to minors, can they even do that without even talking to me??? and what am I looking at in terms of what could happen to me. oh and im from jackson michigan/.

Isis1

about a week ago the cops came and went into our apartment and gave people mips for a party we were having, me and my roomate own the apartment im 21 hes 18, the cops didnt talk to me or anything they just took my id and the other day I got a notice to show up in court for furnishing alcohol to minors, can they even do that without even talking to me??? and what am I looking at in terms of what could happen to me. oh and im from jackson michigan/.
did you buy the alcohol? did he drink the alcohol? did he say you provided him with the alcohol?

slug9mm

yes I did buy it and all the people who got mips drank it and yes he did to. but only me and a couple other people know that I bought it.

slug9mm

what am i looking at? the only other ticket I ever got was for urinating in public about two years back and I just payed a 120 fine and went on my way.....

quincy

MCL 750.141 - up to 90 days in jail, $100 fine, misdemeanor.

If you had control of the premises, knew that a minor consumed or possessed alcohol, and you failed to take corrective action, there is a rebuttal presumption that you furnished alcohol to a minor.

I recommend you consult with an attorney in your area, for the best outcome.

slug9mm

but do you happen to know what would be the min/max punishment they could inflict for someone with basically no record??? other than the urinating in public 2 years ago, and i already paid those fines long ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">