• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GA Bail/Bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

-indy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

On August 4, 2005 a friend of mine had court in Rockdale county at 8 a.m. She overslept and was 20 minutes late, thus her bond was revoked and she was held in content of court.

I find out that night, and take off early from work the next day to bail her out. However, since I am only 20 at the time, I find out I'm not old enough to bail anyone out, nor would they with this case since bond had been previously revoked. So, that evening, I make a huge mistake and post $4,750 of my own money to bond her out

We butt heads because I want her to stay with her family until her court date, and she wants to keep living her lifestyle. So, within two weeks of me posting her full bond, we stop speaking after I unsucessfully try to take her in as a flight risk (that was fun, let me tell you). I do know that she made it to court on time, thanks to her mother. My question is, what do I have to do to get my bond money back? I know part of it is kept for her court fees and fines, but I figure I still stand to get a couple grand back. What steps do I take now with Rockdale county to get my money back? Who would I call, and what would be the most assertive method to salvage anything left?

Two Bit

Well, it depends. Did you put the money on her books so that she could post a cash bond, or did you sign for her and post the bond yourself.

If you signed the paper, you should have the right to carry her back to jail, and come off of her bond. I don't see why you had a hard time with that.

If everything has been disposed of, you should be able to go get your money back, less sheriff's fees. The fine can't be paid out of your bond money unless you consent to that. Call the sheriff's office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">