• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gate close if cops come to house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gatorbuzz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hillsborough County Florida
I'm starting to have issues with the subdivision that has been built right behind my property. I live on two acres zoned agricultural that is completely fenced in and gated. I have a man cave behind my house about 120 feet but is quit closer to the newly built subdivision that has been built right on top of me. I was having a football party the other night and the cops were called because we were getting to rowdy. I would like to know the law on this. From the best I can find anyone can call and complain and the cops will show up. I have found a website that says
Sec. 36-435. - Exemptions.
(13) Sounds emanating from agricultural land which are exempt from local government regulation pursuant to F.S. § 823.14.
Does that mean that my noise is exempt?
Also, if my gate was to be closed (privacy gate with automatic opener) which it was not during the football party what would the cop do in that case?

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hillsborough County Florida
I'm starting to have issues with the subdivision that has been built right behind my property. I live on two acres zoned agricultural that is completely fenced in and gated. I have a man cave behind my house about 120 feet but is quit closer to the newly built subdivision that has been built right on top of me. I was having a football party the other night and the cops were called because we were getting to rowdy. I would like to know the law on this. From the best I can find anyone can call and complain and the cops will show up. I have found a website that says
(13) Sounds emanating from agricultural land which are exempt from local government regulation pursuant to F.S. § 823.14.
Also, if my gate was to be closed (privacy gate with automatic opener) which it was not during the football party what would the cop do in that case?

Thanks
Yours are not sounds emanating from agricultural land (ie: farming equipment, cow farts, etc.) - they are sounds emanating from a boisterous party in your man-cave.

adjusterjack

No.

Climb it or use the bolt cutters that they usually carry in the trunk.

You don't get away with disturbing your neighbors that easily.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">