• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting arrested for posting bail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrysler

What is the name of your state?NJ
I forgot a court date for a traffic ticket. I got a letter that i had a warant for my arrest, and to come to post bail. I called the number on ticket and they said come tonight or tomorrow. I went in that night , and the officer told me come back tomorrow, because to do it now will take 40 minutes, but if you come tomorrow you can rescedule the ticket. I came back next day without the money on me, because I assumed all I had to do was rescedule. The clerk told me I need to pay bail in full. I asked her if it is possible for her to reduce bail, because my friend had his reduced. She said not possible. I asked to speak to her supervisor, because I know for a fact that they can reduce bail if they desire. Her supervisor came in the form of 2 offecers who arrested me. I told them that all I had to do was go home and get the money I had last night, but they didnt let. They wouldent even let me call someone to bring it, just to be arrested and photographed. Do you think its fair to arrest someone who is perfectly willing to pay bail, and comes in to do so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">