• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting the blame

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

waynaughty69

What is the name of your state? utah
i was with friends when the car gets pulled over after getting names of all 4 of us the arrest man in back seat for warrent then come back to car and search it. they said they could since the guy had previous drug charges.then after search they call me over and cuff me and ask if i knew what they found.i said no.then they said they found a meth pipe in center console.i said its not mine and to ask the others.he didnt he said i would have to take it up with the judge.how can they get me with paraphanalia ticket and it not be mine?the console is accesable from all seats front and back .the man went to jail on warrents from drugs. and i got a ticket for something they just assumed was me?what to do next?

M

mbaker3

I don't know much & I don't work in this field, but....

since no one has replied, I'll say this:

Get professional representation at all costs. Seriously, that stuff is way bad news and the police are empowered (probably a good thing in the long run) to really harass anyone anywhere close to it.

Try not to ride with folks with warrants, especially for that stuff. Be glad that jerk did not stash precursers or the actual substance in the car, then you'd be looking at time.

I hope you are not involved with that stuff (if you are, choose another vice, pronto), and if you are not and you get a lawyer, you may get some consideration here. The lawyer will be able to ask the pertinent question. How were you connected to this item while others were not.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">