• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting The Certificate Of Disposition From The Clerk Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FG78

Hello, I have a question regarding to getting a certificate of disposition from the NYC clerk's office.

I was arrested back in 2007 for driving with a suspended license. I found out that the case is sealed. I need to get the certificate of disposition for immigration purpose. If I do go to the clerk's office in 100 Centre St in Manhattan with a notarized letter & $10 fee, will I get the certificate of disposition right away? Or do I need to wait for them to maybe mail it out or have me go back to pick it up?

Thanks in advance for any reply

racer72

Hello, I have a question regarding to getting a certificate of disposition from the NYC clerk's office.

I was arrested back in 2007 for driving with a suspended license. I found out that the case is sealed. I need to get the certificate of disposition for immigration purpose. If I do go to the clerk's office in 100 Centre St in Manhattan with a notarized letter & $10 fee, will I get the certificate of disposition right away? Or do I need to wait for them to maybe mail it out or have me go back to pick it up?

Thanks in advance for any reply
When you called and asked, what were you told?

FG78

Thanks for your reply

I didn't call & ask. I was just doing my research online about getting the certificate of disposition & it says that I can go to the office in Manhattan with $10 & notarized letter for that.

I'm hoping that I can get it immediately on the day I'm going to go to the clerk office.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I doubt very much you'll get it the same day. It will probably take a few weeks.

Why don't you have a written disposition from the court? You should have received something when your case was disposed of.

Why on Earth would this be sealed?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">