• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting charged (but not arrested)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ghsot

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Last night i was forced to sit in a police car for 45 minutes for being "drunk and disorderly". They end up just dropping me off at my house and never officially arresting me or giving me any papers or anything. Can they still mail me charges or anything, or is there any way i could still get in trouble for this situation?

seniorjudge

Q: Can they still mail me charges or anything, or is there any way i could still get in trouble for this situation?

A: Yes (to all questions).

Ghsot

Is it likely that they would mail it rather than give it to me in person before dropping me off? From my understanding they normally would give the ticket in person if they were going to receive one.

The Occultist

While you are likely correct that the fact they did not cite you at the time will probably mean you will not receive a citation later, do keep in mind that they likely have about a year to press charges against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">