• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going To Face The Sheriff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jody_angelina

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA
I am going to see the Sheriff in another county this morning and I am hoping someone can help me how to approach him in needing copies of all the reports that law enforcement have gone out to my exwifes house in reference to my 2 daughters and I am going to be hiring an attorney and I feel I need to show him everything that is going on so he is not lost when I try to explain this ordeal to him..I need to make sure what my rights are as the other parent and it is suppose to be a public record I am confussed if you can help on what I should ask for please advise me on what I need to ask for..Also what if he turns me down he is the Sheriff who do I turn to then??What is the name of your state?

CdwJava

Have your attorney assist you. He can cite the relevant statutory and case law on the matter.

I previously presented you links to the statutes and the exceptions to the release of those reports. It is very unlikely you will force the Sheriff to release these records without a court order or subpoena. And unless you have an open court action against your ex-wife a subpoena is not going to happen.

Besides, WHAT do you think these reports will contain? If they are YOUR allegations of problems, and they come up as being unfounded or negative, they will only put YOU in a poor light. And they may be nothing more than Dispatch or CAD records anyway.

What are you hoping to find in these reports?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">