• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got An ACD: But Do I Still Have An Arrest Record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My arrest was for assault in the 3rd degree (it's so ridiculous I wont even bother to detail what happened). Yes, I was just going to be going for retail, basically Home Depot or Lowes. Maybe at a hospital. But what exactly are "criminally-trivial incidents" that may be immediate job killers in job applications?

I was reading a Home Depot message board and it said that they're background checks only go back 7 years so at least I feel safe knowing that. Also I'm feeling a bit more at ease after you said that you think it's unlikely that an 8 year old arrest would show up. I'm still counting on the fact that it's been sealed as well.
Thanks for your input betachains.
You are way overthinking this. Just answer "no" to criminal questions, since you do have legitimate claims to do so.

It's not like you are applying to be Chief of Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins or something.

Brama

You are way overthinking this. Just answer "no" to criminal questions, since you do have legitimate claims to do so.

It's not like you are applying to be Chief of Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins or something.

You're right I have been obsessing over this but I just would feel like hell if I didn't get hired, or worse got fired, over some stupid old arrest.
I don't even know if they specifically ask about arrests or just ask about convictions here in my state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">