• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got Scrwd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Felicia1998

What is the name of your state? MA

I apologize if my topic is not appropriate for this thread. I am from MA, USA.

I drive for a living. I got a speeding ticket some months ago. I contested the charge as I was sure I wasn't speeding at that time. I waited for the hearing date notice from the court.

While working, I was pulled over by a state police and was told that I was driving with a suspended registration. Of course I was surprised as I was not aware that my registration was suspended. So my car was towed, wasn't able to work for more than a week, had to pay for the towing and some other incidental expenses that arose due to the supposed "driving with suspended registration".

It turned out that the court sent me the hearing notice but the notice did not reach me - the mail was brought back to them. I also did not receive any notice from the registry of motor vehicles.

So when I was summoned to court last week, they found me guilty of driving with suspended registration and asked me to pay for all the penalties. I did. But they said I had to do a "REVIVE and REVOKE" process. What is THAT????

Obviously, I am not a lawyer and I am fully aware that I am ignorant about what is going on with me and the court. What do I do????

I thought that I am not supposed to be guilty of anything that is NOT my own doing? Isn't there a legal term for that (I actually forgot the term now and would appreciate anyone who could remind me of it).

Thanks for all your help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should have been a bit more proactive. After 30 days, you should have called the courts to see what was going on...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">