• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Governors Warrant for Extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

malarky

CAlifornia....
A friend was arrested due to warrants in Texas. He waived extradition and requested a governors warrant in February because he wanted to stay in California jail as long as possible. After 30 days, Texas still hadn't sent anything. After 60 days, Texas still hadn't sent anything. Now he has been in a California county jail for almost 90 days. On May 29th, my friend will have his final hearing. That will mark the 90 day extradition process. Today, I got a message from the Public Defender that the Governor's Warrant came in last week. My questions are:
1. If Texas still hasn't come by the 29th, is my friend dismissed?
2. If not, how long can they hold a person when a Governor's Warrant has been issued?

If it matters, his warrants in Texas are due to violating probation. He had overdosed on drugs and they arrested him, sentencing him to 5 years of probation.
Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">