• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Jury Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrome1985

I am seeking information here in Kentucky, and I am not sure if this is the correct location to post this. If I am in the wrong location please let me know. I've never been arrested or charged with any crime. But recently I was accused of doing something that I did not do. No evidence, besides what has came out of someone's mouth, and just because that are trying to get money that I receive monthly. I have a lawyer, work full time all that great stuff. But they were taking this to the grand jury, well my lawyer said it came back as passed on from the grand jury. We are trying to figure out what passed on means in the grand jury and what to expect next. I figured my lawyer would know what it means, but he is not 100% sure what it means. Maybe a new lawyer? Thanks for taking the time to read this and any help.

FlyingRon

There are two outcomes of a grand jury. Either you are indicted or not. The action that leads to an indictment is called a "true bill." Failure to do so is called a "no bill." I suspect that "pass" would mean that they didn't yield an indictment, but you should ask your attorney. Just because THIS grand jury action didn't result in an indictment does not mean that it can not be resubmitted to the grand jury again.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...well my lawyer said it came back as passed on from the grand jury. We are trying to figure out...
If your attorney cannot tell you if you were indicted or not then I suggest you terminate his services and find a new attorney who has the ability to actually find out the outcome of the GJ proceedings.

chrome1985

If your attorney cannot tell you if you were indicted or not then I suggest you terminate his services and find a new attorney who has the ability to actually find out the outcome of the GJ proceedings.
No I was not indicted, on the court docket it was noted (Passed On) he found that on the morning of . Court was Monday, that was for update court date. My wife has to go for some odd reason still, she no idea why all they do is talk to each other while she stands there. So Monday in court judge goes no indictment, come back in Novemeber. So CPS rep made the comment they were taking to the grand jury on the 2nd of September. Well my lawyer called me this morning, said no indictment and was not presented. In my opinon they are fishing for evidence that they don't have, a and keeping me away from my kiddos going on 5 months now.

Thanks for the information!

FlyingRon

No I was not indicted, on the court docket it was noted (Passed On) he found that on the morning of . Court was Monday, that was for update court date. My wife has to go for some odd reason still, she no idea why all they do is talk to each other while she stands there. So Monday in court judge goes no indictment, come back in Novemeber. So CPS rep made the comment they were taking to the grand jury on the 2nd of September. Well my lawyer called me this morning, said no indictment and was not presented. In my opinon they are fishing for evidence that they don't have, a and keeping me away from my kiddos going on 5 months now.

Thanks for the information!
You're still not making sense. There is no JUDGE in a grand jury. You've not indicated why your wife was there, but I suspect she was there as a witness. Again, they can present the case to the grand jury as many times as they care to try.

chrome1985

You're still not making sense. There is no JUDGE in a grand jury. You've not indicated why your wife was there, but I suspect she was there as a witness. Again, they can present the case to the grand jury as many times as they care to try.

I know there is no judge in a grand jury, that is what the judge said this past Monday on my wife's court date. Originally a month after this started she was served papers to appear in court. It was CPS trying to remove the children from my wife, but CPS keeps saying they were not trying to and she don't need a lawyer. But the way it is worded in the paperwork, seems like they were trying. But we both was abided by the safe plan that CPS had us to sign from the beginning. We have no idea why they keep giving her court dates, all they say we will have review on this date. I've got 3 lawyers working on it now together for myself, my wife and my kids. Thanks

FlyingRon

You have bigger issues than the grand jury then. The confusion is you never mentioned that there was a DIFFERENT court case going on other the the grand jury which was what my confusion was.

Grand jury subpoenas that are abusive can be quashed, but you are mistaken if you think that the prosecutor is not permitted to issue such to "fish." Typically those agencies with investigative power are permitted to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">