• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grand larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luna24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
new york.
hi this new to me. um i basically messed up big time i used to work for a bank and i basically deposited a check(1500) in some else acct and i cleared that check i was gonna put the money back before the check was processed but it didnt happen that way. the next i deposited 500 but i couldnt come up with the rest. long story short i got caught the gave a aggreement for 5 payments of 200 a month but i couldnt pay it back because i had no job. i notified coporate security about this and he basically said that it was to late and that the debt was gonna go to an outside agency and that i should make arrangments with them i was like ok. months past and no notification of what or whom that agency was no the acct holder was being red flagged for this i called coporate security and told them that i have intentions of paying the money but they wont tell me to whom and now they are talking about pressing charges and he said i was going to jail for grand larceny can i really do time for this when these people wont tell to whom to pay the money

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
new york.
hi this new to me. um i basically messed up big time i used to work for a bank and i basically deposited a check(1500) in some else acct and i cleared that check i was gonna put the money back before the check was processed but it didnt happen that way. the next i deposited 500 but i couldnt come up with the rest. long story short i got caught the gave a aggreement for 5 payments of 200 a month but i couldnt pay it back because i had no job. i notified coporate security about this and he basically said that it was to late and that the debt was gonna go to an outside agency and that i should make arrangments with them i was like ok. months past and no notification of what or whom that agency was no the acct holder was being red flagged for this i called coporate security and told them that i have intentions of paying the money but they wont tell me to whom and now they are talking about pressing charges and he said i was going to jail for grand larceny can i really do time for this when these people wont tell to whom to pay the money
It is difficult to tell from your rambling post, but it appears to me that you misappropriated or embezzled funds. Yes they can file a police report ~ you committed a crime. Paying back what you took does not change any of the facts.

Boy, that was certainly a career killer wasn't it ~ hope it was worth it:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">