• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Theft Auto? Grand Borrowing Auto?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdandison

Hi! My name is John from North Carolina. Maybe someone can shed some light on this issue for me. Two nights ago, my car was stolen and returned within the same night. The only thing different was the spare tire was put on the rear driver's side wheel and about $14 was missing. Nothing else. Isn't there some sort of legal recourse? Any help is greatly appreciated.

john
[email protected]

stephenk

legal recourse against who? do you know who took the car? did you report the car being taken to the police?

J

jdandison

The guys who took it told me they did the next morning when they realized how pissed I was. I was at my friend's house, some guys came over and took the car from the front of the house, I woke up and noticed the $ was missing and the spare (with only two lugs) was on the car.

jd

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jdandison said:
The guys who took it told me they did the next morning when they realized how pissed I was. I was at my friend's house, some guys came over and took the car from the front of the house, I woke up and noticed the $ was missing and the spare (with only two lugs) was on the car.

jd

My response:

Okay, so what?

They played a trick on you, and got $14.00, and ruined your tire. So what? Now, what are your damages, and how are you going to prove, in a court of law, that they took your car, money and tire?

Gee, do you think they'll admit their tomfoolery to a judge?

Move on to your next problem in life. This one isn't worth it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">