• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandaughter's arrest for complicity to Burglary in Clermont County, Ohio.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Granny73

State of Ohio

My granddaughter, 19 yrs. old has been indicted on 12 counts of complicity to Burglary. We cannot afford a lawyer and the Public Defender is not helping her at all. Her preliminary hearing is tomorrow and the P.Def. says he will be out of it after that...another attorney might be appointed at that time as it is now a federal case. Why is this a federal case? Burglaries allegedly occurred in small community in Clermont County, Ohio ..there are no federal charges that we know of. What can we do to protect her interests?

stephenk

hire an attorney for her. Do you believe she is innocent of the charges against her? Are you just trying to minimize the punishment?

Kane

Granny73 said:
State of Ohio

My granddaughter, 19 yrs. old has been indicted on 12 counts of complicity to Burglary. We cannot afford a lawyer and the Public Defender is not helping her at all. Her preliminary hearing is tomorrow and the P.Def. says he will be out of it after that...another attorney might be appointed at that time as it is now a federal case. Why is this a federal case? Burglaries allegedly occurred in small community in Clermont County, Ohio ..there are no federal charges that we know of. What can we do to protect her interests?
Federal case, or felony case?

Burglary doesn't sound like a federal case to me.

Is she in jail or out of jail?

P

PerfidyorFealty

I suspect Granny is in for a rude awakening about her granddaughter. Granny, you have no idea what your grandchild has been up to and all you have to go on is her denials to you about her involvement in these crimes. You barely know her boyfriend but you obviously knew enough about him to advise her not to date him. Wonder why. And you gotta ask yourself, why is she dating someone who apparently is such bad news if she isn't a trifle dirty herself? Your granddaughter isn't going to tell you the truth about what she's been up to unless she has no other option. You're buying her story hook, line, and sinker simply because she is your grandkid and not because you have any compelling proof of her innocence. You WANT to believe it's the mean old police who are lying and that's just silly. They found enough evidence of her involvement to bring an indictment against her and put her butt in jail. It obviously isn't just rumor and hearsay that they're going on as you will eventually find out. Don't be too surprised when the DA chooses to go forward with the case against her.

Granny73

Dear Perifdy ; I thank you for your input in this case...I know My granddaughter showed no coomon sense in continuing her relationship with this boy when we had heard rumors about him...I admit that....and yes, I do want to believe she is innocent of any participation in these burglaries....and if she is proven guilty I will be the first one to say she should be punished! We just heard a few minutes ago that there will be a new bail hearing tomorrow...they are charging her with 11 counts of burglary and one count of obstruction of justice now and as I said before, we cannot afford any bail bondsman to get her out....we cannot afford a private attorney, so we will just have to wait and see what a jury finds when she goes to trial. As for the police, I do not think all police lie , but I just think that they have not handled this in the right way....they have no Jury's verdict yet so why brand a person in the media until they do ? thank you again for your input.

O

OnlyOneVoice

First let me say that "complicity" doesn't necessarily indicate that she "actively" participated in the burglary. She could have "waited" outside (mind you that would make them consider her a look out whether she was or not).

They found enough evidence of her involvement to bring an indictment against her and put her butt in jail.
Not neccessarily. Many people are "arrested and jailed" simply on circumstance which isn't always sufficient to produce a conviction.

The only way "beyond a reasonable doubt" could play in is if there are eye witnesses who could place her at the burglary site at the time of the burglary and in possession of some the stolen articles.

How do I know??? I have friend whose son was just found not guilty of complicty in a burglary because no one could identify him as the exact one who was present. Did he participate, yes he probably did, but did they convict him? No they didn't. WHY??? Reasonable Doubt.

Granny73

Thank you so much for your input. We did not know the exact meaning of "complicity" and thought maybe they were just trying to get her to tell if she knew anything about what had happened at all. We did get her out of jail yesterday on a $15,000 signature bond which her father signed. She has another pre-trial hearing on Wednesday, June 5th, but does not have to be present...only her attorney has to be there. Then we will find out when her trial is scheduled. We know that the "boyfriend's" trial is set for early August. We know of no eye witnesses to her being at the scene of any burglary, but as yet we have not been told exactly what the prosecution's evidence is other than a picture of her at a Kroger Store cashing in some coins...which she had a receipt for that showed she cashed $10.00 worth of coins...didn't seem like much for the "loot" in a burglary? Again, thank you for your help. We will just have to wait now and see what happens...and believe in her until someone proves to us beyond a reasonable doubt that she is guilty of anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">