• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Granddaughters arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Granny73

Yes, but only 1 twin has been arrested...they say they are working on evidence to arrest the other twin. Yes, we are denying she is a drug addict....we have never seen her take any drugs, have never seen any evidence of drugs in her possession and even a Matron at the jail said she sure wasn't showing any signs of withdrawal if she was an addict! We are outraged that they can make those statements in the newspapers and on TV and in the newspapers without any proof. Thank you for telling us we can talk to the Public Defender. And as far as we can find out there are no charges of any allegedly stolen items being taken across any state lines. We have no idea what evidence they could possibly have to show any involvement in these alleged burglaries other than the fact that Jason Herndon was her boyfriend and she was with him at various places at various times as any dating couple are together at times. Thank you for your input. We will go to the hearing tomorrow and see if we can find out what the evidence is supposed to be and try to get a chance to talk to her new Publ. Defender. As i said, we have never had to deal with all this publicity and with police coming to our home and TV reporters, etc. telling us my granddaughter has been described as a drug addict!!! The police have told us numerous false information and even tried to stop my 17 year old granddaughter on a public street and question her about her sister! We are very upset with this type of harrassment of our family.

stephenk

granny, you are not listening.

stop posting new threads! it makes it very difficult for people to follow the subject since you are not keeping your responses in the same thread. Hit the"post reply" button to answer questions or post new insights. DO NOT start a new thread on the same subject.

The truth may be that your daughter does have some involvement or participation in the crimes. The police wont just arrest her because she is a girlfriend. They most likely have some evidence linking her to the burglaries or the selling of the stolen items. She may have been with him while he robbed a place. Just because she is sitting in the car while the boyfriend does the burglary does not mean she is innocent. Have you talked to her since she has been arrested?

Granny73

Granddaughter's arrest

Yes, Stephenk..we have talked to her and she insists she knows nothing about any burglaries. We are angry with police because they have called her a drug addict in the newspapers and on TV and have provided no evidence that would show she has any connection to any drugs! We have never known her to use drugs...prior to this arrest she had been employed in a day care center and was respected by her co-workers and had no history of any involvement with drugs or any other illicit activities. Even the matron at the jail said she sure wasn't showing any signs of withdrawal if she was a drug addict! We are angry because she has been convicted of nothing in a court of law at this point, but her family is being treated like we are all criminals and her name is being slandered by being branded a drug addict by police. Thank you for your input.

P

PerfidyorFealty

Did your sweet innocent granddaughter live with you up until her arrest and did you spend a lot of time with her every day and also know her boyfriend extremely well? Unless you spent an enormous amount of your time with her, you have no idea what she's been up to. She could easily hide a drug habit from you and now that she's in jail, do you really think she'd tell you the truth when obviously lies will serve her better? You assume the police are lying to you but really what proof do you have of that other than her denials of involvement?

JETX

This person is clearly going to continue posting new threads everytime she wants. The only way to force her to comply with the forum rules is to NOT give her any advice (other than do NOT start new threads).

So, all together now..... "NO advice when the writer starts new threads". Okay??

Granny73

I am sorry I was breaking the rules of this advice thing. I am 74 years old and my computer skills are not the greatest.
In answer to this latest opinion...you obviously do not have grandchildren or teenagers...you surely do not have much compassion! We do live in America and I was under the impression everyone was innocent until proven guilty! As for police telling us false information..they did on several occasions..they told us she had been indicted on 5 counts when the truth was , she was not indicted when they arrested her this second time. The indictment only came down yesterday! They also told us they had arrested three other young people and they were in jail....they were not and are still not ..in jail! They also told us that the one who is under arrest had confessed to one of the robberies....we found out he has not confessed to anything! No, my granddaughter was not living at home at the time of her arrest...and I do not know the boy very well. All I know is rumors and we had asked her not to see him, but as with most girls these days, she could not see the danger of being with him and would not listen. And how easy is it for someone to hide an addiction to drugs, especially hard drugs? We saw her almost every day, she has no needle marks on her body, and never acted the least bit irrational. As I said, even one of the matrons at the jail said she had seen a lot of addicts and they all would show signs of withdrawal when in jail for a few days and that my granddaughter showed no signs whatsoever. I do think my granddaughter is guilty of picking the wrong friends...definitely! But I am convinced she did not knowingly participate in any robberies and is not a drug addict!

JETX

Granny, please help us to help you. Do NOT continue posting to new threads... even this one. Doing so will only confuse the issue. Please return to your original post and continue your thread there by clicking on the 'Post Reply' button. It is really simple.... and would help immensely (if help is possible).

BTW (By The Way), your original post can be found by going to:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=145618
(Be sure to remove the URL in front and at the end.)

Granny73

I am sorry...I don't understand about the threads thing. I have been clicking on post a reply button the last couple of times. Is there any other way I should be doing this?

JETX

Go to your ORIGINAL post (see my earlier post). Then, from THERE, click on the "Post Reply' button.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Copy the "address" that JetX referenced, then, in your browser "address bar", paste that address. Then, hit the "Go" button on your Browser, or hit the "Enter" key. You'll be taken to your earlier, and original, post.

Then, hit the "post reply" button at the bottom of that "thread", and start typing to your heart's content.

IAAL

HomeGuru

Hahaha, too funny. I'll gladly give you 5500, so deduct that amount from my count and add same to your count. I never wanted to be ring leader anyways.
Ya know how it is, after you hit 10,000 posts, you stop counting.

Count Dracula

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
Hahaha, too funny. I'll gladly give you 5500, so deduct that amount from my count and add same to your count. I never wanted to be ring leader anyways.
Ya know how it is, after you hit 10,000 posts, you stop counting.

Count Dracula

My response:

I agree.

IAAL

P.S. My "count" just went up by one! Yeah!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">