• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Greyhound ticket prison release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inarimi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina/Florida
My question is classified as criminal law, North Carolina and Florida.
My fiancee is in prison in florida, he gets out may 2011. He is afraid if he
gets his greyhound ticket to NC, where he is currently wanted they will detain
him before he gets a chance to see his family. He IS wanted but has been in trouble in FL and NC does not extradite. But he is afraid they will notify NC he is coming if he gets his bus ticket from prison, instead of an alt. city through greyhound.Has ayone been in this situation or know about it? Any advice would
be great. Thanks

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina/Florida
My question is classified as criminal law, North Carolina and Florida.
My fiancee is in prison in florida, he gets out may 2011. He is afraid if he
gets his greyhound ticket to NC, where he is currently wanted they will detain
him before he gets a chance to see his family. He IS wanted but has been in trouble in FL and NC does not extradite. But he is afraid they will notify NC he is coming if he gets his bus ticket from prison, instead of an alt. city through greyhound.Has ayone been in this situation or know about it? Any advice would
be great. Thanks
sounds like fiance (fiancee is for the female engaged) needs an attorney. the law doesn't allow visitation time for criminals except in prison as a visitor. he has a warrant. he needs to prioritize.

inarimi

re: greyhound

That wasn't what I was asking. He is getting out in may 2011 and wants
to see myself and his daughter. He is worried that if he gets his ticket to NC
from FL prison when he gets out that they will detain him as soon as he gets
here to NC. Before he can see us. I am sorry but I nor he wants to turn himself in right away, considering I haven't seen him for two years and his
daughter is to be born this month. I would like to spend some time with him BEFORE he is gone again. Everyone makes mistakes, his are in the past and
he is trying to do the right thing. He went and turned himself in in florida when
he didn't have to. I just want to know if they will notify NC if he gets his bus ticket from prison to NC. I know for a fact NC does not extradite though, which is why I am confused on the issue. If anyone has any advice it'd be great. Thanks.

That wasn't what I was asking. He is getting out in may 2011 and wants
to see myself and his daughter. He is worried that if he gets his ticket to NC
from FL prison when he gets out that they will detain him as soon as he gets
here to NC. Before he can see us. I am sorry but I nor he wants to turn himself in right away, considering I haven't seen him for two years and his
daughter is to be born this month.
Let me get this straight, you are nine months pregnant, with his daughter, and you haven't seen him for two years. Unless you are an elephant that can type, this just doesn't add up.

inarimi

No, our first. EVER. That's why we wanted to get all this legal crap out of the way before she gets old enough to remember it.
No, I meant won't have seen him for two years, by the time he gets home. Typo.

No, our first. EVER. That's why we wanted to get all this legal crap out of the way before she gets old enough to remember it.
No, I meant won't have seen him for two years, by the time he gets home. Typo.
Makes sense, my apologies for the sarcasm.

Son of Slam

Once, when I was young, I didn't have enough money to get where I wanted to go on a Greyhound. So,I purchased a ticket for a stop about half the way there and stayed on the bus. That was illegal but what your boyfriend can do is the opposite.
But, I didn't say that because we are not here to help criminals.

cyjeff

Once, when I was young, I didn't have enough money to get where I wanted to go on a Greyhound. So,I purchased a ticket for a stop about half the way there and stayed on the bus. That was illegal but what your boyfriend can do is the opposite.
But, I didn't say that because we are not here to help criminals.
Okay, that's twice you offered advice that is actually illegal.

Let's try to keep the horse in the barn, huh?

Isis1

well.. that IS an idea. I just may take that advice.
Thanks
why don't you bus it down there, meet him out the gate. ride WITH him the whole way (stay out of the bathrooms, please) and then walk him all the way up to the next police station to he can turn himself in.

the person you should be angry at, is the one that got himself into this trouble. would you like it better that dad be arrested at the hospital seconds before the baby is born, be hauled away while you haven't even started pushing yet? is that the memory you want to hold on to?

inarimi

omg

read the whole thread before you reply. Our baby is going to be born on
the 17th. He has allready turned himself in, that's why he's in prison. This
is all stuff that happened before we met and I would like to see him before
he goes back, if he has to, in this state. But thanks for the great advice,
none of which pertained to the question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">