• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GTA and evading arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cvasquez0304

What is the name of your state? California

Hi, My car was recently stolen. The person they are holding for the charge is the wrong person. First of all this is a person I know and he would not have to steal my car because I would let him borrow it. I did not tell the police that because at the time my care was recovered I had no idea who they were blaming for the crime. I have been ordered to appear in court. I have spoken with the DA and the PD and both refuse to drop the charges due to his priors. I have spoken to the detective regarding the police report and the information is inaccurate. It states that he was in bed with shoes on and hiding, but he was taken from his bed without shoes and in his pajamas and booked in county jail like that. I strongly believe they have the wrong person. What can I do since no one will listen to me? Would it help if I asked neighbors is they seen anything? can I just tell the judge that they are wrong? Will the 10-12 second rule apply in the suspect identification? Thanks for your responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">