• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guilty Plea Now What?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t_airriah

What is the name of your state? PA

I was originally charged with numerous violations ranging from violent crimes to drug crimes (major case) but when the smoked cleared I was offered a guilty plea for resisting arrest (God is good). Now if i accept the plea i obviously will be held liable for court cost. My question is will my fines and fees be a reflection of the original charges or the charge that i pled guilt to? thanks in advance!!!

fairisfair

generally, it would reflect the charge that you plea to, if the others are dismissed.

Anyway, like you said, you got really lucky, and now you are going to quibble over the fines?? wow:rolleyes:

t_airriah

No, Don't Take My Question The Wrong Way I Wanted To Know For Personal Knowledge What To Expect When I Go To Court The Next Time. Beleive Me I Know A Blessing When I See It. I Appreciate Your Response Fair Is Fair. Thank You!

gawm

Usually when they drop charges like that it is because they have no case. Are you feeling lucky? Does your lawyer think this is winnable? Does he think they might drop all the charges if you guys bluff and say you'll take it to trial. I would ask him these questions and see what he advises before you accept any plea.

SPR

gawm said:
Usually when they drop charges like that it is because they have no case. Are you feeling lucky? Does your lawyer think this is winnable? Does he think they might drop all the charges if you guys bluff and say you'll take it to trial. I would ask him these questions and see what he advises before you accept any plea.
I agree. They would not just drop charges on someone if they truly thought they had a case or were gaining something from it.

That is quite a chance to take though, considerning what you could potantially end up with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">